IGNORED

Insert game = Lynx On?

Omar

Seems like I'm having a bad month with portables.

First, the screen of my NeoGeo Pocket ceased to work. Because of this, I decided to play again with the Lynx I, wich easily had been in storage for a month or two.

So, with brand new batteries, I insert a game and all of a sudden the Lynx turns on. Weird. So I turn it off, remove the game and insert another game. The same happens.

So, is this a good thing? I no longer have to turn the console on, but I still worry it might be a sign of trouble. How could I repair this?

And I apologize about the bad thread title, but for some reason my mind has a bit of a problem translating in english what I want to say. :?

Thanks!

Hello!

So, with brand new batteries, I insert a game and all of a sudden the Lynx turns on. Weird. So I turn it off, remove the game and insert another game. The same happens.

So, is this a good thing? I no longer have to turn the console on, but I still worry it might be a sign of trouble. How could I repair this?

886057[/snapback]

So your problem is that the Lynx immediately turns on when you insert a cartridge?

And the game just starts as it should (no "INSERT GAME" message)?

If so you are right, this behaviour is not normal.

Which Lynx model do you have?

Edit: Oh, i see, you have a Lynx I.

You should open it (this is easier than with a Lynx II-model) and

check if the PCB-pad which serves as the contact for the Power-ON-rubber-button

is shortened somehow. You could also test if the Lynx still powers up without all the

rubber-buttons.

Regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias

Thank you guys for answering so fast!

So your problem is that the Lynx immediately turns on when you insert a cartridge?

And the game just starts as it should (no "INSERT GAME" message)?

886237[/snapback]

Exactly!

I tried again today, and discovered that while I can turn the Lynx off with the "Off" button, I can't turn it on with the "On" button. The only way to turn it On is by inserting a game. I'm going to try what you recommended!