IGNORED

Dark Mage

legeek

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...50&hl=dark+mage

I had this same problem. You have to hit reset when you start the game.

898310[/snapback]

Yeah, this is definitely a "bug" in the cartridge version of the game. I did try to contact Greg Troutman about it in hopes he could investigate the problem, but I never heard back. It's been a while now, so I'll try writing him again.

..Al

We even drew maps and made symbols and crap... there was NO solution.  Now to find out the game has a major bug!  Doh.

898903[/snapback]

...No

If you can get to the troll, you're playing the actual game. The bug only occurs right when you start the game up. If you don't hit reset, you will be in a sort of 'mini-world' with only two rooms to explore and no solutions. I was also never able to finish the game, but I chalked it up to my lack of skill.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.  My son and I spent 90 minutes the other day trying to find a way to get past that damn troll and over the bridge.

898749[/snapback]

We even drew maps and made symbols and crap... there was NO solution.  Now to find out the game has a major bug!  Doh.

898903[/snapback]

The bug is with starting the game by pressing the fire button instead of reset. There is no bug that prevents you from finishing the game.

As I said a couple of years ago in this very thread: you have to make sure that you don't give away anything that you could use elsewhere (like on the troll bridge ;) ) first. Also there are situations where you need to do more than one thing to solve a problem.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

• Like 2

• 14 years later...

We'll be checking out Dark Mage on tomorrow's (Fri Jul 10) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

1778153109_20200710-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.c9375800ec5b2fe337413d05af38ebbe.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

A similar text adventure would be "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring".

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=2023

Thanks so much, great suggestion Thomas! I'll add that to the list of homebrew games to play on an upcoming show. ?

Just started up the game and I see you had a hand in it, excellent!

- James

• 3 years later...

Game Instructions Needed

Are you guys still around?  @Eckhard Stolberg?  It seems that Dark Mage has no manual.  ("This cart comes with no docs.")  By chance, does anyone here have time to write some instructions for this game for the community?  Just asking.  Maybe use the text of the manual of the Dark Mage hack, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, as a template and just edit it?  

Edited by Living Room Arcade