IGNORED

Mindlink

onklsven75

I'm up for one of those. Someone should give it a try to make a homebrew mindlink game! Something like "Poltergeist" would be an interesting game. Scare the family by using the mindlink to move objects around a house or something. Or "Pyswar" Battle of the Minds.

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

I'm up for one of those. Someone should give it a try to make a homebrew mindlink game! Something like "Poltergeist" would be an interesting game. Scare the family by using the mindlink to move objects around a house or something. Or "Pyswar" Battle of the Minds.

Ummmmm How many people have a mindlink to play these games??? Anyone? Anyone?

I believe there are two models for the Mindlink. One is operational, the other is not.

IIRC, there is a story that the one that works was the one shown at the CES show, and it fell off of the demonstration table and broke at the show. It did not really appeal to people who do not like migraine headaches; ie. most of the world.

When I inquired as to how much for one about a year ago, price seems to be in line with other rare protos; more than my Corvette. Alas, I will just have to imagine the headaches......

Cassidy

Yes, if I remember right it was shown and

I even tried it at CES 1983 in Vegas. It

could have been Summer Ces in Chicago, but

I believe it was Vegas. If I can find my CES book I will post the definite date.

It actually worked. Not perfectly mind you though. You sometimes tried going right and just kept going straight. I might even have the press handouts yet, but I can't be sure.

I'm in the process of the great hunt of looking through 50 years of, as my wife calls it, "junk" .

Glenn, that sounds familiar, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the Mindlink from Atari, but some third party thing. It strikes me that it wasn't purely a game so much as it was some kind "biofeedback relaxation" software. Can't come up with a name though...

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Wasn't there some Bio-Feedback thing for the 8-bit by Synapse? I know I've seen one before, but I'm not sure who it was by.

Tempest

It was called Relax and was by Synapse Software. It consisted of a headband and receiver as well as a few games on disk. I've always suspected that the Atari and Synapse units were similar in that perhaps one was based on the other. I've compared the two but they're not interchangeable. Also, the Mindlink is wireless while the Relax unit plugs in to the receiver.

Hope that helps,

John

• 2 years later...