IGNORED

uosipa llamxew

Spam is surprisingly expensive nowdays but,

If you watch for Store Brand hotdogs and pork and beans you can sometimes get them very cheap. Make Beany Weenies, nothings better. Make sure you heat them to a boil and if you have it, dump some Brown sugar or maple syrup into the mix.

3 words, Pasta, Pasta, Pasta. Back in college I lived on Pasta and bologna (Yea Moycon!) but you can get Pasta for about $.80 a pound, you can eat a long time on a pound of pasta! plus if you have an extra buck get canned diced tomatoes and a can of olives. put some olive oil, tomatoes and sliced olives on pasta (add capers if you got em) trow alittle garlic powder on it and some grated cheese if you got it. it is excelent and cheap! I eat it now still and I do not need to! I bet a pound of that will run you under $3.00 and you have about 3 meals in it!

I have the winner here for taste/price/convenience ratio.

Cheeseburger, small fries, very small drink and a cool toy . . . 99 cents at Hardees.

Yes, you have to order the kid's meal. Just do it at the drive-thru and everyone will assume it's for your son or brother. Order two if you need more.

Also a cheap fav of mine (even still though my wife hates it) is a pound of elbo macaroni, pound of groud beef, and 3 cans cream of celery soup (use generic even though Cambelss is the best) fry meat, drain it mix in pasta and cans of soup. very good and very filling you get about 4 meals out of this and it runs under $5.00!

I too am sick of Ramen. I used to eat it endlessly, then I ate it once when I was sick...well, I think you know the rest...

So now if I even smell it I feel the urge to spew. The worse part is, about a week ago my mom came home with two large boxes jam packed FULL OF CHICKEN FLAVORED RAMEN NOODLES.... Bleeggghh! It used to be my favorite food, now its my least. As some of you know I also starve for Atari, (Preveous post from long ago) But when I do eat, I usually eat inexpensive because my moms pretty "tightwaddish". So I usually eat...uh...I eat...no...Wait a second... I DONT EAT!!!

Sereously, I drink alot of pop and eat whatever mom cooks, which is usually farm like meals... Mashed potatoes, gravy, Green Beans, pork chops, stuff like that. I dont exactly like eating that, but alot of the time we eat frozen pizzas which you can get kinda cheap. And my mom also home cooks them too. But alot of the time we eat whatever momma grows in the garden.

Then there is taking to eating your own feces. But thats always a drag...

quote:

Originally posted by Atari-Jess:

Generic Cola 1 litre, 99 cents cheaper if you live in the US of A

I know its a little late but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ohh yeah {does hokey pokey}you have to spend an extra dollor crazy canadians

back on topic almost have you ever tryed "clearly canadian"? its 5.00 a bottle but its ohh so good

quote:

Originally posted by Sark:

Another highly underestimated meal is Taco Bell. I practically live off of it. You can get 3 tacos for 70 cents each, and do take out instead of eat in, so you can drink your Mountain Dew at home, and not have to pay exorbatent prices for drinks. Don't forget to pick up fire sauce, about 4 packets per taco. (that stuff is really weak).

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com

Taco Beelzebub? Yuk. Can't eat at that place anymore. I've been spoiled by all the wonderful localally owned Mexican places. There's one near wher I work that has an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet on Thursdays for $5.50... Yum!

If you've got to stretch your food budget the best thing is to make it a challenge to eat what you're fixing. Example: Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. It's fairly inexpensive, but almost flavorless. What you do to remedy that is take some black pepper and dump as much of it as you can stand into the soup while it's cooking. And speaking of cooking, make it as volcanically HOT as possible, too. When you're done, pour some of it in a bowl and get ready for an experience you won't soon forget.

Remember, though... you've got to make it a FUN challenge to eat what you're cooking. If you make your food inedible, you're just wasting it, as opposed to making it last.

JR

1 package chicken breasts

1 can Cream of mushroom soup

1 cup white rice

Pour rice into cassarole dish, add chicken breasts on top. Cover with mushroom soup and add a can of water to the mix. Cover and cook at 400 for 45 mins to 1 hour. Feeds three if you use a pound of chicken. Basically three meals for one person out of 6 bucks worth of stuff. Its easy, and you can play while its cooking.

There is a brand called Washington Biscuit mix. Its like 60 cents, makes like 6 biscuits by adding a cup of water. Goes great wit the chicken. Get a can of green beans or corn (generic, of course) and you are good to go.

That hamburger helper stuff always was nasty to me, so I had to come up with alternates. This is one that is presentable to others, too.

Cassidy

Next time, cheap green chile enchiladas!!

quote:

Originally posted by MoJoFLTR:

Still no stock check and I don't get paid until tomorrow. I guess tonight I'm winging it!

*rummage... rummage... rummage...*

Hey! I found some rice, so I won't starve!

*forage... forage... forage...*

Wee! I found a Lipton cup-o-soup packet that I am going to add to my rice to make a dirt cheap casserole! Time will tell whether I call my dish Casserole-o-Deliciouso or Casserole-o-Nastybum!

I'll let you all know how it goes. I might have to kill the flavor with pepper.

What flavor soup did you find?

quote:

Originally posted by MoJoFLTR:

I used Cream of Chicken soup.

It turned out not being half bad. Not exactly what I would call "delicious", but it wasn't bad enough to make me heave either. Then again, I was half starved, so it may have tasted like ass, and I was too hungry to realize it.

Tomorrow I'm heading out to the grocery store to get me some Spaghettios! Hurray!

Yes, at least you get paid tomorrow so you can finally eat like a king (such as it is!)