IGNORED

anyone have a pocket famicon or noe geo pocket?

huh the pic didnt work :sad:

905844[/snapback]

To attach a file such as an image:

use the browse button to bring up your file browser

Select a file so it's location is listed in the attatments box.

Then after you have selected the file you have to click "add this attachment"

If you tried to add the image as an attachment you probably missed the final step of using the "add this attachment" button.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color is the second best portable behind the GBA SP. Phenomenal battery life, bright colors, an excellent joystick and good games although the library is not large. If you like fighters this is the portable for you as some of the best portable fighters ever are here like Match of the Millenium and King of Fighters. There are other good games to be sure but the library is really limited and getting games in boxes will command a premium. The console itself is not expensive and could be had in the $25 to $30 range.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color is the second best portable behind the GBA SP. Phenomenal battery life, bright colors, an excellent joystick and good games although the library is not large. If you like fighters this is the portable for you as some of the best portable fighters ever are here like Match of the Millenium and King of Fighters. There are other good games to be sure but the library is really limited and getting games in boxes will command a premium.  The console itself is not expensive and could be had in the $25 to $30 range.

905880[/snapback]

I'd have to agree -- the NGPC felt good to hold, the joystick was very responsive and moved easily, and the screen provided nice crisp colour. My only gripe is the lack of a backlight. That would have made it awesome.

I never found any really compelling games on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. I've got 10 games for it, the six that came with the re-release blister packs, and the four in the 'booster' pack. There are some okay games, but the lack of a backlight really kills it for me. I'd play the thing more if I could see the screen better.

Edited by SteveW

My Neo Geo Pocket Color:  http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffw2002/games/ngpc.html

I love the system.  Best handheld ever up until the GBA, in my opinion.  Still has a lot of great games, and not *all* of them are available on other systems (or ever will be).

905951[/snapback]

Honestly, I like my NGPC better than my GBA.

Shame there's so little software.

what games r better 4 other handhelds? :?

905895[/snapback]

Metal slug, king of fighters, bubble bobble, pac man, sonic there may be a few more i'm forgetting all of these games had better (or similar) versions on the gba. It had some cool exclusives like last blade, samurai showdown and snk Vs. capcom card battler. I haven't played mine in over a year though not a bad system but you can only play the same 12 games so many times.

Edited by sega saturn x

There definitely will be considerable drop off in battery life with a back light but the Neo Geo could go 40 hours on 2 AA batteries so even if the battery life gets reduced by half you still got more battery life over the GBA SP. Still, a worm light provides an adequate solution.

As for games, yeah, the library is limited but there is enought to last you a while and, some, like Card Fighters Clash, Match of the Millenium and Puzzle Bobble have addictive replay value.

I vote that we all ignore him until he learns patience, grammar, and to not triple-post.

905930[/snapback]

i type like this because it is faster 4 me and i double posted because my internet service is messed up and i thought the first 1 didnt work.

Pocket Color is one of my favorates! I love the SP as well, but there still seems to be only about 30 good games in the long history of the Game Boy. Pocket color only had about 30 or 40 games, and the percentage of quality seems to be much higher. Of course they're still not very vaulable because there's still the eplayplay clearence going on. You can probably still find one at Hastings with 6 games for 60 dollars. I just wish I had enough money to collect them in their original clamshell cases. I should probably get started before it's too late.

match of the millenium is a great game, the only game i own at this time, haven't got into collecting the NGPC games yet,

quit bitching about the screen, of all the systems that don't have a lit screen, the neo geo pocket is the easiest to see in my opinion.

No handheld will ever top my GP32 Flu unit. :love: :lust:

BTW Nester, as a kid i did a lot of vacationing in Mt. Home, Arkansas, about 8 years in a row at Blue Paradise resort, Is Hillbilly bills still there?? lol

Edited by JagFan422