IGNORED

Flashback at Urban Outfitters

82-T/A

Don't know if anyone cares, but my wife is the women's manager at Urban Outfitters in North Miami Beach. In the store, they also have a housewares department where they sell a lot of modern / trendy stuff.

They have a seating area for people to lounge while their S/O is shopping. They have an Atari Flashback setup with a big screen TV and people sit there and play it non stop.

They're selling them for $35.99 and I think they have them at every Urban Outfitters.

Don't know if anyone cares, but my wife is the women's manager at Urban Outfitters in North Miami Beach. In the store, they also have a housewares department where they sell a lot of modern / trendy stuff.

They have a seating area for people to lounge while their S/O is shopping. They have an Atari Flashback setup with a big screen TV and people sit there and play it non stop.

They're selling them for $35.99 and I think they have them at every Urban Outfitters.

906149[/snapback]

I wonder if there one of those places in the Aventura Mall...??? My wife is there now. I'll have to get her on the cell!!!

I wonder if there one of those places in the Aventura Mall...???  My wife is there now.  I'll have to get her on the cell!!!

Actually yes, that's the mall I was talking about...

Urban Outfitters is where the old FAO Schwartz used to be.

My wife is the tall blond one in the women's department.

Tell her I posted on an Atari web site... she always gets a real kick out of how much of a real nerd I am. (She's in denial about it).

Still not available at Amazon.com..??

Did I miss buying it (as in they are out of stock) or does anyone know when it will be for sale at Amazon.

I have be impatiently waiting to buy both I & II, and a couple plug and play games.

Can we say,"more credit card debt". :roll:

I wonder if there one of those places in the Aventura Mall...???  My wife is there now.  I'll have to get her on the cell!!!

Actually yes, that's the mall I was talking about...

Urban Outfitters is where the old FAO Schwartz used to be.

My wife is the tall blond one in the women's department.

Tell her I posted on an Atari web site... she always gets a real kick out of how much of a real nerd I am. (She's in denial about it).

906244[/snapback]

Oh dont feel bad about being an Atari nerd. My wife gives me grief daily. I could hear her eyes rolling when I called her on the celland told her to go check on an Atari unit for me.

I'm actually impressed at the number of Atarians in South Florida. Where are you from?

Oh dont feel bad about being an Atari nerd. My wife gives me grief daily. I could hear her eyes rolling when I called her on the celland told her to go check on an Atari unit for me. 

I'm actually impressed at the number of Atarians in South Florida. Where are you from?

Hi, I actually live in Cooper City in Fort Lauderdale.

We live on the corner of Stirling and Pine Island.

Have you been to the $wap $hop on Sunrise?

That's probably a stupid question, of course you have... hehe...

I used to go there all the time, but it seems the finds are not as great as they used to be.

Maybe 5-6 years ago, before the whole retro craze hit, I could go to the Swap Shop and buy a 5200 in a milk crate, with like 30 random cames, a bunch of random power supplies, and a hodge podge of controllers, for like $30 bucks...

Can't find deals like that now.. :(

Hi, I actually live in Cooper City in Fort Lauderdale.

We live on the corner of Stirling and Pine Island.

Have you been to the $wap $hop on Sunrise?

That's probably a stupid question, of course you have... hehe...

I used to go there all the time, but it seems the finds are not as great as they used to be.

Maybe 5-6 years ago, before the whole retro craze hit, I could go to the Swap Shop and buy a 5200 in a milk crate, with like 30 random cames, a bunch of random power supplies, and a hodge podge of controllers, for like $30 bucks...

Can't find deals like that now.. :(

906370[/snapback]

No kidding??!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm in Hollywood between Taft St and Sheridan.

Yep. Been to the Swap Shop. Every grand now and then I give it a shot, get up early on a Sat or Sunday, get there by 7 or 8am ish...Lots of overpriced NES, SNES and Genesis stuff. I've yet to see Atari stuff. Only once I saw in a box of power cords an Atari power plug. There's a thrift store on 441 in Hollywood that has some Atari stuff but waaaaaaayyyyyy overpriced. :sad:

No kidding??!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep.  Been to the Swap Shop. Every grand now and then I give it a shot,  get up early on a Sat or Sunday, get there by 7 or 8am ish...Lots of overpriced NES, SNES and Genesis stuff.  I've yet to see Atari stuff.  Only once I saw in a box of power cords an Atari power plug.  There's a thrift store on 441 in Hollywood that has some Atari stuff but waaaaaaayyyyyy overpriced.  :sad:

906384[/snapback]

Cool! What's the name of that thrift store?

You wouldn't be referring to All Books & Records, would you?

If not, check that place out.

I usually go with my "list" of games that I already have, and I buy whatever I don't have.

All Books & Records is in that old 1970s Sears & Roebuck shopping center on the corner of US-1 and Sunrise (where they both run into eachother).

They sell games for like 1-2 bucks or something.... which is pretty high, but he doesn't care if they're rare or not.

I bought an original IntelleVision Voice Synthesizer for like $8 bucks.

Where's this thrift store you're talking about?

Thanks!

No kidding??!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep.  Been to the Swap Shop. Every grand now and then I give it a shot,  get up early on a Sat or Sunday, get there by 7 or 8am ish...Lots of overpriced NES, SNES and Genesis stuff.  I've yet to see Atari stuff.  Only once I saw in a box of power cords an Atari power plug.  There's a thrift store on 441 in Hollywood that has some Atari stuff but waaaaaaayyyyyy overpriced.  :sad:

906384[/snapback]

Cool! What's the name of that thrift store?

You wouldn't be referring to All Books & Records, would you?

If not, check that place out.

I usually go with my "list" of games that I already have, and I buy whatever I don't have.

All Books & Records is in that old 1970s Sears & Roebuck shopping center on the corner of US-1 and Sunrise (where they both run into eachother).

They sell games for like 1-2 bucks or something.... which is pretty high, but he doesn't care if they're rare or not.

I bought an original IntelleVision Voice Synthesizer for like $8 bucks.

Where's this thrift store you're talking about?

Thanks!

906440[/snapback]

The store is called Americanthriftstore...I believe. It's at 441 just south of Pines Blvd straight accross from where the old Hollywood Fasion Center was (or is...they reopened it sort of) They have a ton of old systems, but grossly overpriced. The 5200 they have is in a cardboard box, maybe a dozen games, trackball and a comp pro controller. The price on it is $99.99 :roll: I keep checking on it, but they wont budge on the price. Its been sitting there a good six months.

Edited by jetset