IGNORED

What's in your Atari?

Sayton

I'm playing Robot Tank on Activision Anthology on my GBA. I've said before that Battlezone is better, but I'm having doubts about that.

It's true that Robot Tank does not have Battlezone's "true space" accuracy; in Robot Tank, rotating in place lets you avoid missiles, because they vanish when they hit the edge of the screen, whereas in Battlezone you have to actually move out of the way (and you can see them whizz past your viewscreen if you successfully dodge them by backing away from their trajectory).

Battlezone doesn't have the terrain variation in Robot Tank (and corresponding nifty effects), and the action in Robot Tank is faster, more arcade-y. I'm still not sure the system-by-system damage in Robot Tank makes for a better game.

So, although Battlezone still gets the gold star for technical excellence in my book, Robot Tank is fun to play (maybe even more fun...).

I wish I *could* play my Atari but the A/C plug cord is damaged and I can't find a suitable replacement anywhere. My 40+ games are just sitting on a shelf as a display until I get one.

910070[/snapback]

If you're REALLY desperate, you can slice the brock off the cable and wrap the wires to the terminals on a 9volt battery.

It'll get expensive if you do it much, though. If I recall, you can expect about an hour of game time per battery.

BERZERK and DRAGONFIRE. I am terrible at both but I love the zzzzap of Berzerk.

My Dragonfire high score is a very frustrating 640. :lol:

I play GALAXIAN every single day, but not today yet. My high score on that is 16,600.

I know that is not so good for someone playing daily, but SO WHAT?!?!?!??! =)