IGNORED

Sega Controllers

Simek

quote:

Originally posted by MoJoFLTR:

I use a Genesis arcade stick. It doesn't seem to make anything easier, but I prefer the feel of an arcade controller.

Is that the old one (circa 1989) with the bizarre looking palm-rest on the left side? I got one ages ago for Christmas and I think they called it the Genesis Arcade Power stick. You got three buttons and three independently controlled "Megafire" switches. The Megafire adjustment slider is particularly smooth which I happen to like. Mine is pretty heavy.

will genesis controllers fit to 7800 like they do 2600  

Yeah, but you can only use one button. This shouldn't be a problem with games like Galaga. I also only use Genesis controllers, preserves my 2600 joysticks, plus it's more accurate. Much easier on the hands, as well.

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

quote:

Originally posted by Atari Master:

You can plug a Genesis Controller into a 2600?Do you have to mod it or anything?

Q1 - Yup

Q2 - nope no modding, just use the B button

only modding needed to be done is if you want to play 2 button games on your 7800, but you can play 7800 games that only need one button with the gen controller to

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

I bought a whole bunch of joysticks at Savers for AU$1 each.....I can't identify most of them cause they have very little identifying text on them........I bought them to sell on ebay, but I can't be bothered doing it just yet......anybody interested in them? I can get a picture if you like.