IGNORED

The top 10 signs you have taking your ATARI collecting to fa

kyle

10.The hours you eat and sleep are less than you play atari.

9.You take you vacation from work to go to flea markets all over america.

8.You have paied more for one cart than most people make in a month.

7.You refer to the NES as one of them new fangled systems.

6.You have had a wet dream about finding a copy of water world in the wild.

5.You name your kids woodgrain and vader.

4. Your best formal wear is a atari logo t-shirt.

3.Your wife leaves you and files for divorce. She sites mine reason for divorce that BITCH MS PAC MAN.

2.You now pray to Nolan instead of god because to you Nolan is god.

1.YOU POST ON THE ATARI AGE MESSAGE BOARDS!

...when you spend a whole day getting all your doubles together, start putting them online, then go to AA for 3 hours, afterwards handle tons of mails, get all your payments actualised in one list, then back to AA, then trade and discuss by mail for 3 hours, have your payments sent, go back to AA, then bring your daughter to school, come back immediately to see what's in the mailbox (a german atariclub magazine and some stickers), then start your comp again, check and answer another 8 atari-mails, look outside the window and immediately run down and after the parcel delivery because again he's too lazy to come up three stairs, get your parcels (a clock from ABBUC the german atari club, a complete boxed gameline module, paul's test cart & synthcart), then sit in front of your computer again, another hour on AA where you see your newest creation, then you want to start posting your auctions .... you see that there's only 1,5 hours left before you must pick up your daughter from school ...... and you realise you didn't sleep for 30 hours .....

i think i took it too far today ...

any cure against atarimania available?

Ok, here's mine:

10) You have a Band-Aid on your thumb more or less all the time due to Atari blisters.

9) You bought a brand new 50 inch HD-TV, and the first thing you hook up to it is an Atari 2600.

8) You have worn out a set of tires on a thrifting expedition.

7) There is an Atari in every room in the house, including the bathroom, where you have waterproofed it to play in the shower.

6) You spend more on Atari carts annually than you spent on your car.

5) You bought a walk-in fireproof safe to store your Atari cart collection in.

4) You have the Atari logo tatooed on your arm.

3) You have not been able to play an entire game of Asteroids (until you die) because the controller always wears out before you die.

2) You make furniture out of Combat carts.

and the #1 sign that you have taken your Atari collection too far:

1) You mortgaged your house to pay off an eBay auction for a cart you "had to have".

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com

Well, I almost had to see a therapist when my Atari Anniversary Edition for the DCast didn't include the Atari Sticker.

I kept reading the back of the jewel case. It clearly says, 'Free Atari Sticker'! I keep checking the case daily in case I missed it (I just did it again!).

Am I the only one whose life has been in jeapordy because of this tragic situation?

as Always,

Markimus of K. (stickerless still!)

quote:

Originally posted by Nateo:

That's pretty funny moycon. If everything on that list was true for you, you should probably go to see a therapist, or join AAA (Atari addicts anonomous)

eeehm, AAA? please give me their number or adress!

i bet thy give me a golden member card immediately!

HeHeHe!

Thats pretty good KBeXpress and Sark, nice to see some light hearted content sneaking in

Theres always the... Your Girlfriend of fives years is leaving you because you had to be there to watch the end of an EBay auction, just incase you were going to be out bid, instead of being at her 21st birthday, (Which is on a week night anyway )

quote:

Originally posted by Markimus of K.:

Well, I almost had to see a therapist when my Atari Anniversary Edition for the DCast didn't include the Atari Sticker.

I kept reading the back of the jewel case. It clearly says, 'Free Atari Sticker'! I keep checking the case daily in case I missed it (I just did it again!).

Am I the only one whose life has been in jeapordy because of this tragic situation?

as Always,

Markimus of K. (stickerless still!)

I have 2 copies and both came with stickers. They are usually packed inside the manual when you first open it.

Best Buy sells the Atari Collection for DC for $9.99. I would suggest that you either buy a new copy (it's only $10), or buy a copy, open the case, take the sticker and return the game (tell them it's defective or you have a PS and incorrectly bought an incompatible game). BB is good at accepting returns...they'll never miss the sticker.

MattyXB mentioned having no money in the bank--I did one better-the bank had to cover a $250 bounced check for an order from Best Electronics;it cost $15 more, but was worth every penny!I had gotten my first homebrew 'Alfreds Challenge' and some boxed red label games.That bounced check was before I started using ebay--I've been hovering above the poverty line since!

"in debt for atari games"