IGNORED

M.U.L.E. 5200 rules!

jnice

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to acquire an A8 cartridge version of M.U.L.E.? BTW - There is one on ebay right now but I am not sure about the price.

944244[/snapback]

Yeah, that's a robbery.

eBay M.U.L.E. cart

That's one of Steve Tucker's MaxFlash carts ($24.99) that somebody is selling in a way that they really should not be.

Edited by remowilliams

On the Commodore, my brother and I once took over all four players to try to achieve a maximum colony score. We were disappointed that there's no higher message than "You may now retire in elegant estate" since we scored far above that threshhold (river beds for food; a few mountainless plots for energy, and everything else crystite. Ironically, we weren't too worried about where the crystite deposits were, since the "economy of scale" rules meant that interior plots would produce a minimum of four units/turn even if there was no crystite there!)

• 4 months later...
On the Commodore, my brother and I once took over all four players to try to achieve a maximum colony score.  We were disappointed that there's no higher message than "You may now retire in elegant estate" since we scored far above that threshhold.

At least on the Atari version (maybe commodore, not sure), the highest message (for a score higher than 130000) is:

"Overall, the colony delighted the federation with your exceptional achievement. Your retirement will be luxuriou!"

You can find more informations on my webpage consacred to MULE decompilation here:

http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/index.html

Kroah

I would have liked to have one too, but I didn't get a 5200 until November.  And it's a two port anyway.

1017474[/snapback]

I was late too, but got lucky with classics(steve) selling one last month. I just happen to see the post right after he posted it. :D My 4port is still missing the RF adaptor and I have not modified it yet so maybe this weekend I will get to play MULE on the 5200. I can still play it on the 8bit though.

• 15 years later...
  • 2 years later...
23 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

know I'm about 20 years too late, but I'm one of the ones interested in a 5200 cart if they ever happen. Thanks!

Definitely 2nd that.

• Like 1

So I did end up getting a copy of MULE from Bryan at the end of 2006. I had to check my records for the exact date. November 2006.  Can't remember if he had some extras or if some of the buyers didn't come through with payment.

As far as playing MULE now, I'm looking to get an Atari 400 Mini, since I still have a 2 port 5200.  MULE is one of the games it comes with, along with 4 USB controller ports and the ease of connecting to modern televisions.

• Like 1