IGNORED

Steel Battalion: LOC -- 18 months later

bargora

Hey all. I'm still playing Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, just not quite as much as I used to. People still play, though, especially a loose group of regulars that gets together on Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons to play "for fun" (i.e., less cut-throat) matches. There's even a trickle of new players coming into the game as the SB sets drop lower and lower in price; so not everybody playing is an uber-vet looking to pwn some n00bs.

Anyway, I'm just poking around to ask: do any of you still have controller, game and XBL account to play LOC? If so and you'd like to maybe get into the game again (or for the first time), then post here or drop me a PM. Ditto if you have any questions.

I'm happy to help people learn or adjust to the online game, as are most of the regular guys I play with. And having an experienced player available to show you the ropes seems to make a huge difference in how much new players end up enjoying the experience.

I have all of the above, but haven't played LOC for ages. I keep thinking I must plug it in again, but then I think I have to re-learn everything as its a fairly heavy simand that takes ages, so I end up playing something else instead.

I would do it, but I'd need lots of help as I'd be the same as a newbie.

Just thought I'd add that recently, for whatever reason, 4 vs. 4 play has become much more common in the game. Maybe our ISPs are upgrading service on the sly? (Actually, mine did!) Maybe the code has been subtly patched? (Unlikely.) Whatever--I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I will point out for any that read this who have quit the game, 4 vs. 4 is a qualitatively different experience from 3 vs. 3 play. In other words, it's a hell of a thing.

Now I can just wish that 5 vs. 5 worked with any consistency.