IGNORED

FB3...

1 1/2 years ago I made the comment on a FB3 thread that it would not happen in our lifetime. I proceeded to get obscene names called by certain "respected" members of the AA community. Oh yeah, I even got banned from that thread by an AA admin, never having said anything even close to what was said to me.

he's a witch!

• Like 1

1 1/2 years ago I made the comment on a FB3 thread that it would not happen in our lifetime. I proceeded to get obscene names called by certain "respected" members of the AA community. Oh yeah, I even got banned from that thread by an AA admin, never having said anything even close to what was said to me.

Nope, once again trying to rewrite history I see. Your exact statement was derogatory flame bait, *that's* what you were kicked for, not simply questioning if the FB3 will ever be released. In fact what was stated? Oh, here it is: "I think the whole FB3 thing is a farce. A pipedream that is never coming to pass. Atari/Infogrames has zero interest in hardware, being mainly a software dev company milking the Atari name badge for what it's worth. Curt Vendel offers little tantalizers to keep people on a string like "If..." and every Atari fan fawns." Insulting AA members and not expecting them to get upset, that's a rich one.

And once again popping up with more flame bait to start it up gain seems to be your specialty in threads.

Funny thing is I went into a local Kroger supermarket today and saw a display of FB2 systems on sale for the 2010 Christmas season.

Hmmmmmmm. What's with that?

Forgotten warehouse stock from somewhere if they're actually a regular pallet of them rather than a few they happend to get a hold of. We haven't manufactured any new ones since 2005 other than the limiited run of FB2+'s we did for the Cereal promotion and Atari's online sales.

I feel sooo sorry for you.

I feel sooo sorry for you.

Please do not taunt the prophet. Fire may fall from the sky and incinerate you.

But how else is he supposed to get followers? Maybe by spreading his flaming pile of prophecy and revisionist commentary about all of us to other forums?

Edited by wgungfu
  • Like 1

Forgotten warehouse stock from somewhere if they're actually a regular pallet of them rather than a few they happend to get a hold of. We haven't manufactured any new ones since 2005 other than the limiited run of FB2+'s we did for the Cereal promotion and Atari's online sales.

All of our local krogers have several! old school FB2 not the FB2+... and they want $34.99 for it, and that's with a Kroger Card!

The fun is back, oh yes-sir-ee! The Flashback 2 from Legacy!

i heard that commercial in my infancy and it haunts me to this very day.

this was my first introduction to rap music along with

'I'm m.c. barney and i'm here to say, i love fruity pebbles in a crazy way'

i will carry these two lines with me to my grave.

Calling something that someone's been working on for the past few years a "farce" will do that. :ponder:

• 1 month later...

so what is the 7800XM thing being worked on????

The search bar. It's your friend. Well....maybe not your friend right now obviously, but it can be!

Nevermind searching...just go the 7800 forum and there's at least 3-4 topics about it on the first page alone.

But what about that Obama thing, did he ever get elected president?

• Like 1

so what is the 7800XM thing being worked on????

The search bar. It's your friend. Well....maybe not your friend right now obviously, but it can be!

Nevermind searching...just go the 7800 forum and there's at least 3-4 topics about it on the first page alone.

But what about that Obama thing, did he ever get elected president?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolling:

• 6 months later...

August 26th... Work begins :-)

Yes.... there WILL be a cartridge slot... sorta ;-)

Curt

Wow, I can't believe its been six years since this was posted. It doesn't feel that long ago. And yes, I'm still hopeful it will happen.

Edited by pboland

Different platform? He sounds like he's throwing together a 8 bit system.
The 2600, 5200, and 7800 were ALL 8-bit systems.

The 2600 is 4-bit for what I've learned... I really hope it is compatible with either SD cards, USB, or original hardware carts. One that can play 2600 5200, 7800 (same port as the 2600), and 8-bit computers and there is a switch to choose. And it be compatible with 2600 compatible controllers and 5200 controllers, and a plug for keyboards. Maybe it should packed with a 5200 style controller witout the keypad, or a regular 2600 style controller with 2 fire buttons (for 5200) and SELECT, RESET, and START (also for 5200). There is a switch to switch between 2600/5200 controllers.

That's how I wish it was/could be. I don't care about the design.

The 2600 is 4-bit for what I've learned.

Your definition of "learned" is mysterious...

Who the heck is trying to teach that the 2600 is 4-bit anyways?

I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

The 2600 is 4-bit for what I've learned.

Your definition of "learned" is mysterious...

Who the heck is trying to teach that the 2600 is 4-bit anyways?

I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Just to clarify: Absolutely, positively, 100% incorrect. The 2600 uses the 8-bit 6507 processor (a 6502 with several address lines missing as well as interrupts but internally the same). There were no 4-bit game consoles, and defining a console by it's bitness was just a marketing term introduced to try and differentiate generations at the time of the Genesis. If you're going to go by bitness, then the first 16-bit console was the Intellivision. Otherwise the 2600, Colecovision, NES, Master System, etc. were all 8-bit.

• Like 2