IGNORED

Would you buy the Xbox 360 core system?

Atarifever

No, I wouldn't. And MS is a bunch of idiots for fragmenting their userbase. Doesn't anyone learn from the past? N64 expansion memory? PS2 HDD anyone? Hello - if your userbase doesn't have the same equipment, there is no reason for developers to waste their time and effort on the extra equipment. Morons.

My dilemma is I want the 400 dollar model, but I also want a wired controller and would require composite cables until I can upgrade to a hd tv in a few years hopefully. But I also want a harddrive which rules out the 300 dollar model, especially seeing the price you just said to later upgrade to a hd.

Neither option fits my situation very well. Thanks for the reply.

916051[/snapback]

Personally, I'd skip the launch totally, kick back, and wait for a price drop. But I can't afford the launch anyways, so it's a moot point.

Edited by JB

No, actually. I hadn't planned on purchasing an Xbox 360 anyway. I'm a solid Sony fanboy now, and yes, sad to say, it's all due to being a late PS2 gamer. By the way of which I won't be buying the PS3 for a bit until the price comes down. They'll be tons of games I still don't have for the PS2 for years to come, and I really don't want a ton of games cluttering up my gaming room just for the sake of "having" them. I play my games, and my collection has a certain........finesse to it. lol

I yllaer t'nod kniht gnitirw sdrawkcab si doog of uoy, BJ........

evetS :) (:

If I were to buy an Xbox 360 system at launch, I'd probably go for the super-deluxe version, because I would be getting an Xbox Live Rhodium (whateva) account in any event. Which would make up the $60 difference between Core + mem card and 360 Cat's Meow.

But I don't know what games they're putting out, and I think it would be silly to get the system before I know that there's something that I'd like to play on it. And I haven't heard anything about a Steel Battalion sequel, so until then, with all due respect, 360 and its inevitable Gaylo 3 can get bent.*

At any rate, those complaining about 360 TEH AUSUM being $400 instead $300 like the last one should note that inflation calculator told me that "What cost $300 in 2001 would cost $325.35 in 2005" and "What cost $400 in 2005 would cost $368.83 in 2001". So we're not really being shafted as badly as we think we are, unless you believe that all computer-related items should decrease in price while increasing in power with the passage of time.

* In fact, I have decided that instead of playing Halo matches online, I will pimp my mother out to socially awkward adolescents--this way at least I'll get a cut.

WTF?

I have NO idea how that happened.

916316[/snapback]

:rolling: :rolling:

The Matrix has you, JB....

Steve

916483[/snapback]

DAMMIT, SMITH! OUT OF MY BROWSER!

It seems to be a bug in last night's build of Seamonkey.

(Seamonkey is the name of the Mozilla suite now that the Mozilla group has killed the suite and is ONLY doing Firefox/Thunderbird, the bastards.)

As soon as my connection quits acting screwed up, I'll replace it with a diffrent build.

I really should quit installing nightlys...

Edited by JB

Can you use the wired controllers on the premium set-up?

Thats what I want to know, I prefer wired controllers myself and if the premium doesnt support wired then its core for me!

I would definately buy the core system if all I wanted to do was play viedo games.

915330[/snapback]

my current xbox has never had a music cd or dvd movie in it, & if & when I do get the 360 then no dvd movies or music discs for that game system too.

Edited by ATARIeric

I don't even have an Xbox yet. I'll buy a first gen Xbox when the 360 hits the streets.

As for which will be the most popular? Well here's my take.

Hardcore gamers and people buying their own console (mostly men in their 20's) will buy the fully equiped model. Parents wishing to save a buck but make the kids happy at christmas will more likely buy the cheaper model, unless little johnny is there or the sales guy talks them out of that.

I agree with whomever said that the lower cost unit is just an advertising gimmick. It makes sense.

No way. Add me to the BC list. Getting a 360 would let me dump the hunk of brick I already have into my brothers room and save me a lot of space. Hell, the Revolutions ability to play older games is enough to make me put my older N systems in the closet. (To be pulled out occasionally when a game they don't have pecks at my craving brain.) Including the Cube.

So BC is a big deal this generation. I'm glad to see everyone's on the ball here this time.

So when I do get a 360, it will have to have the hard drive and wireless stuff. Question is, will they continue selling it as a whole later down the road or change the lineup a bit?

No way. Add me to the BC list. Getting a 360 would let me dump the hunk of brick I already have...

So BC is a big deal this generation. I'm glad to see everyone's on the ball here this time.

922494[/snapback]

I feel like we've gotten nothing but a runaround on the true backwards compatibility of the XBOX 360. Some titles are going to work, maybe others will down the line, but is that any way to sell a brand? You can't return opened video games anymore, after all ...