IGNORED

Poker Mania

The_Laird

Just got this game from an e-bay shop (videogamesource in Germany) and can't put it down. Thought is was just gonna be a Poker sim but boy was I wrong, its a very intelligently designed puzzle game! Its just so addictive and the music is some of the best I've heard on the Lynx, especially on headphones. Anyone who dosn't have this already should hunt it down.

Primitive graphics, slow controls and a few bugs. But great music, yes I agree.

BTW have you noticed that tune number 4 is somewhat.....unstable. The music plays different from time to time!! Or maybe it's just me having a bad cart?

916599[/snapback]

Just got hold of a copy...only had a breif look but looks cool...trouble is, I dont know how to play poker :ponder: - I'll listen out for that tune number 4...

Primitive graphics, slow controls and a few bugs. But great music, yes I agree.

BTW have you noticed that tune number 4 is somewhat.....unstable. The music plays different from time to time!! Or maybe it's just me having a bad cart?

916599[/snapback]

Just got hold of a copy...only had a breif look but looks cool...trouble is, I dont know how to play poker :ponder: - I'll listen out for that tune number 4...

919314[/snapback]

"Pokermania" uses the gaming "vocabulary" of poker but does not otherwise adhere to its rules. In "Pokermania", your set goal is to advance to the next round by scoring enough points (6000 for the second screen) to do this. Points are earned by placing cards on the 5x5 gaming matrix and attempting to arrange them vertical or horizontal "suits".

Hint: to get to the second screen, assemble a "mixed straight" on the bottom level, and fill each vertical line with easy-to-make "hands", e.g. three-of-a-kind.

• 12 years later...