IGNORED

Stella PSP released - Using Thomas's 4in1 ...

CPUWIZ

lol I was gonna comment how annoying it is to have to use the stick.

For some reason the pad controls are kinda flakey. I tested a handful of programs 10-15? and here are my observations.

Speed problems? I'm not sure what they are talking about. This sucker is running full speed and then some! Although I did see some tearing on games that scrolled. (most likely a vsync issue). The speed was fine! Finally full speed H.E.R.O.!!!

Bad things?

As mentioned the pad control is messed up which forces you to use the stick which is hardly ideal for twitch games.

Some of the missiles are extremely hard to see (like in asteroids, atlantis, and even space invaders). Might be fixable if the brightness/contrast of the colors are tweaked just a little.

The sound. The pitch is off and I"m sure this is an easy fix.

No way to set the difficulty switches or color b/w switch.

No paddle support (the stick should be used for this).

Normally I like screen stretch, but in the case of the PSP it seems stretched just a little too much.

And of course the menu could use a little functionality. Odd how the one configuration screen looks an awful like MESS. Things that make you go. Hmmmmm.

Edited by Shannon

Word has it that the maker of stella is doing a port of it for the PSP.

That would be me. Not the actual maker of Stella, just the maintainer. We're working with the author of the other PSP port, and integrating the main changes into the current code. In fact, it's already been done, since most of what they re-implemented was already present in the current CVS code. And I added a menu for common commands, so most of the items you mentioned in the previous message have been taken care of.

The only thing left is paddle support, and the PSP maintainer says we should have that by the end of the weekend.

That would be me.  Not the actual maker of Stella, just the maintainer.  We're working with the author of the other PSP port, and integrating the main changes into the current code.  In fact, it's already been done, since most of what they re-implemented was already present in the current CVS code.  And I added a menu for common commands, so most of the items you mentioned in the previous message have been taken care of.

The only thing left is paddle support, and the PSP maintainer says we should have that by the end of the weekend.

923538[/snapback]

you rule! :D

when can we get our hands on this ? :)

<!--QuoteBegin-r3n4ud+Fri Sep 2, 2005 12:06 PM

--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(r3n4ud @ Fri Sep 2, 2005 12:06 PM

)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

That would be me.  Not the actual maker of Stella, just the maintainer.  We're working with the author of the other PSP port, and integrating the main changes into the current code.  In fact, it's already been done, since most of what they re-implemented was already present in the current CVS code.  And I added a menu for common commands, so most of the items you mentioned in the previous message have been taken care of.

923538[/snapback]

you rule! :D

923854[/snapback]

Edited by datafreq