IGNORED

Australian ATARI and carts

zanza

I spent 6 months in Australia and happened to find many rare and interesting games and systems, several of which I'm putting up on eBay as I type. Among the strangest: pass-through NES carts, 2600 "General" system, a 2600 "Cracker Pet" game.

Most of this I found in Brisbaine, and most was from just hitting the yellow pages there. I can't remember the name, but there is a _huge_ stockpile of rare SMS and Saturn games in a video store outside of town. Its in the book, although you have to take a train to get there.

The Ozzie postal system is the cheapest worldwide, or at lease very close. I was able to send a ton of systems and games back on a slow boat for peanuts.

Rambling, wish your friend luck.

- Mike

I would recommend that he try to find some games made by Rainbowvision, but they are pretty difficult to come across. There aren't too many video game stores that I know of, so he will probably only find video game stuff garage sales, markets or thrift stores (called Op-Shops in Australia) or he could look on eBay.

As far as other systems go, there are a lot of Famicom clones in Australia (I have bought about 10 in the last year). You can sometimes find Sega SC-3000s and SG-1000s too.

Is your friend going to visit Melbourne? - if so I tell him what markets and op shops that are worth visiting.

mitchell

A friend of mine left tomorrow for down under for holidays (bastard ! :-) )

As he will be two weeks in Aussie Land, I was wondering if he could bring me back some good ol' carts or systems that we will never found here (not only Atari by the way)

So if a kangaroo boy (or gal) have some titles, tips, must have, whatsoever, please post or mail me as you want

Thanks all

I haven't been thrifting in weeks either, I moved to Gardenvale (near Brighton) and there are no op-shops nearby that are worth going to.

The game I got today was from Cash Converters in Collingwood, there were 5 or 6 others too, I had all of them and they were pretty common so I left them there.

Thanks for all your tips, my friend will be around Brisbane but as he ain't car a shit about videogames, I hope he will not bring me back the more common carts I could find here

But I'll remember and mail him John Sands, Rainbowvision, Supervision carts names and we will see. And maybe around Brisbane he will find this shop full of Segas as well........

I will even don't see him at his return because when he turns back I left for holidays too (after two years of not moving, I went to Bali with wifey and lil' 18 months daughter....GREAT !!)

Well, I am afraid in Brisbane you are very unlikely to find much at all. We have very few video game stores around . On the bright side most video stores which carry old consoles have little knowledge of value . Just last week my mate picked up a toploader NES for $3, which is like $1.50 U.S.

If your mate is real keen for you tell him to go to the markets these are the best places, or our local Vinnie stores. (I think you call them Salvo's? Second hand charity shops) You get many boxed near mint games for like 50 cents.

If you care about Transformers, Star Wars or Astro boy, well Brisbane is the place to be however. Costs top dollar, but what you can get will blow you away.

Edit: Spelling.

[ 03-28-2002: Message edited by: Nicewun ]