IGNORED

Where's your 2600?

Nateo

We have two primary gaming areas in the house. The family room with the larger TV has a DreamCast, GameCube, and PS2 hooked up and ready to go. The basement game room has a 27" TV with the oldschool stuff. There's a 2600, 7800, 5200, TG16, NES, SNES, Genesis, SegaCD & a ColecoVision. There is also a Vectrex down there too. We've also got a PS1 and a spare Dreamcast that often find their way into the bedrooms. We still have a wide variety of ST and 8-bit Atari computer hardware. The real old stuff is in storage, Atari pinball, Stunt Cycle, Pong and the like.

What no Intellivision?,

-Chuck

• 5 years later...

Mine is packed away in the attic I think!? I'm using my 7800 right now to get my game on. Only thing that sucks is that I can not play any games that use the Touch Pad on the 7800. Does the Touch Pad work on the Colecovision Atari expansion module? I should try that!

Holy ancient thread revival Batman!

:D

Mine is sitting on the floor in front of the TV in my bedroom, right in front of my 5200, with my 7800 to the right of it, a Super Nintendo to the left of it, and a Nintendo 64 next to my 5200. I also have a Buztime Trivia game sitting on top of the TV, and 6 PnP's sitting on a shelf nearby.

(Yes, all of that, plus a VCR and DVD player hook into the same TV.)

Boy, this is an old thread, isn't it?

All my 2600's (my original 6-switch woody, 4-switch Vader, and Jr.) are directly behind me in the computer room closet in plastic storage bins. Those along with pretty much all of my other game systems (except the Wii, which is currently hooked up.)

My light sixer is in my Atari game center with my duplicate games and spare controllers and parts.

My 2600 Jr. is in my 7800 box, because I pulled my 7800 out to play Joust in the 5200 vs 7800 HSC this month.

My 7800 is on my desk connected to a VCR which is connected to the composite input on my 20" LCD monitor.

My 2600 games are in a drawer in my desk.

When this thread started my 2600 was peacefully semi-retired, boxed in a cupboard at my parents' house and only being used whenever I visited. When they moved my 2600 became the subject of a custody dispute between me and my siblings, and after protracted negotiations it ended up with my big brother (I got the Lego, which is costlier to replace).

Now, my 2600 is peacefully semi-retired, boxed in a cupboard at my brother's place and only being used whenever I visit. Its still my 2600 though - I can tell by the way he winks meaningfully at me when my brother isn't looking...

Meanwhile, the 7800 I use is always hooked up in my bedroom and working hard, wistfully but futilely hoping that he too might retire someday. Poor thing doesn't even get days off. He is sitting on a shelf custom made from the aforementioned Lego.

PS: I got a lot more sleep when I put the jr. under the pillow instead of the Vader!

Try a 7800! The angle and elevation are perfect for relieving neck tension and guarantee a good night's sleep. And 7800s are still cheaper than newfangled "health pillows".

Mine's upstairs in the bedroom, sitting majestically on top of the VCR, the DVD player and the SAT box, right next to the 27" color TV. And to top it all off, my Kroko cart, preloaded with all my faves (and the current HSC game), is plugged in and ready to go at a moment's notice. :)

My sears heavy is on the floor in front of my TV, also connected to the TV is modded Xbox, Wii, PS2, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Master System, Jaguar, Intellivison, Dreamcast, and TG-16; talk about a mess of wires. :)

My loose games are on a vhs media shelf with extra shelves added.

My spare Sears heavy, atari heavy, Atari light sixer, ans 2 4-switch woodys, are in the closet with the rest of the spare systems.

PAL heavy sixer boxed up and about to go on ebay

Sears Heavy sixer, in bits, in a box, halfway through an AV mod

PAL woody 6 switch, in garage, dont know what to do with it-broken power socket

2600 clone, boxed up, waiting for a TV that I can use it on (its a different sort of PAL :x )

FB2- on its way from the States :D

My 2600 is a 7800 w/ CC2. I think I am content with that.

What is unused is a 6 switch refurbed 2600, a 2600, a couple of the Sears units that were the 3600 in Japan.

Even have the 2600 modules for the Colecovision and 5200. :)

Anyone need a real 2600, let me know. :D