IGNORED

Unlisted Controller

attendo

I noticed this particular controller was not listed in the 2600 - Controllers. It looks like the atari Joystick CX40 but with a larger/different handle/grip it has that hex? circle with TOP written on it and two fire buttons.

These pictures where taken quickly but I could take a much clearer and better photo.

Also I recently submitted scans of the manuals International Soccer - Telegames and Acid Drop. I would like to know if things are being done with my contribution because I could scan and photograph and report much more unlisted stuff in the future like carts, manuals, etc. especially PAL but don't want to waste my time if there wont be anything done with the material. Really is cool if I could in someway contribute in making AtariAge one of the largest and best libary/site for Atari things.

greets Attendo.

post-6948-1125432514_thumb.jpg

post-6948-1125432526_thumb.jpg

Really want to know :)

923003[/snapback]

It isn't listed because it's 3rd party, and that page only shows a few out of the dozens of 3rd party controllers (the ones that came with or were made to use with a specific game). There are several other websites showing various controllers for the 2600, do your own searching. Edited by A.J. Franzman

Well, it plays a bit sturdy/starch (whats stijf in EN?) but its a very solid controller, got two in a lot with some games, never seen one before.

Personally I think "The Arcade" is the best retro controller ever, it was manufactered by a Dutch company and probally only sold there.

post-6948-1125614760_thumb.jpg

Edited by attendo

I noticed this particular controller was not listed in the 2600 - Controllers. It looks like the atari Joystick CX40 but with a larger/different handle/grip it has that hex? circle with TOP written on it and two fire buttons.

greets Attendo.

921717[/snapback]

i got one that resembles that but not the same hm... anyways AA isnt gonna put all the controllers on the site there are just so many bootleg, third party controllers made...back then everybody mady Atari controllers

greets Attendo.

921717[/snapback]

i got one that resembles that but not the same hm... anyways AA isnt gonna put all the controllers on the site there are just so many bootleg, third party controllers made...back then everybody mady Atari controllers

925922[/snapback]

*sighs*

It's not a bootleg just because it doesn't carry the Atari Seal of Quality or something(Yes, I know this is mixing of markets, bear with me).

It's only a bootleg if it's an active attempt to ripoff an existing. The closest I know to Atari-brand 2600 stikcs are Gemsticks, and even they aren't close enough to be bootleg Atari sticks.

Ive posted it here because I thought it looked a lot like the (black) Atari Joystick (CX40) and it could be no third party but actually made by Atari itself. It looks of high quality and on one line with other official joysticks.

926669[/snapback]

Indeed it does. Easy enough mistake to make, particularly when the creator expended the effort to make their kludge look nice.

greets Attendo.

921717[/snapback]

925922[/snapback]

*sighs*

It's not a bootleg just because it doesn't carry the Atari Seal of Quality or something(Yes, I know this is mixing of markets, bear with me).

It's only a bootleg if it's an active attempt to ripoff an existing. The closest I know to Atari-brand 2600 stikcs are Gemsticks, and even they aren't close enough to be bootleg Atari sticks.

926632[/snapback]

i never say it was a bootleg..what i said was there are so many controllers that were made officals, bootlegs, and third parties that AA isnt going to list them all so why dont read a post before you comment on it saying it wrong its very simple.....am i clear?

getting back on topic it could be a controller someone customized from the atari controller and the archer (i believe thats the company but i cant check cause i sold it with my dupe atari) controller where the top/joystck is from

Edited by CaptainCaputo

• 3 weeks later...

926632[/snapback]

No, but the Gemini VG-170 is much closer: FS/T: Gemini VG-170 Joystick (2600 compatible) (yes it's mine {EDIT: no longer available}). Mentioned in that thread is an old page from 8bitclassics.com which was selling a stick described as being a Gemini VG-170, but the picture was of a Gemstick. I don't know if that was a mistake on their part, or if the Gemstick really was a later evolution of the Gemini (perhaps altered due to actual or threatened legal action by Atari?) Does anyone have a Gemstick, or its original packaging, which bears the same "VG-170" part number as my Gemini?

Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 9 years later...

While we're already at it with resurrecting threads... in for a penny, in for a pound!

Does anyone know if the above listing still exists somewhere? That link is dead.

Here's the archive.org link. A lot of images are missing though

https://web.archive.org/web/20041229053103/http://www.gamerzuniverse.net/atari/Atari%202600%20Controller%20Rarity%20Guide.htm

• Like 1