IGNORED

Excluding Pac-Man and ET, which is the worst game?

HP Atari King of Michigan

I'd like to know what 2600 game you think is the worst game ever made, besides Pac-Man and ET. Personally, I can't stand Mogul Manic, the Amiga skiing game because it's extremely slow-paced. Another turkey is Sea Hunt from possibly the worst video game company ever, Froggo. Sea Hunt is impossible to play without dying. Then there's a bad game that has been cosidered good: CBS's Mountain King. I cannot play this game to save my life!!! :x There are some games I didn't mention, so now I'd like to know what you all think is the worst video game or games ever created for the Atari 2600.

Edited by HP Atari King of Michigan

The list is way too long on bad 2600 games, but I hated paying $90.00 for a copy of Chase the Chuckwagon then finding out how dull this game was, its just the way you had to get it back in the days, like Tooth Protector, that makes it rare, but the game sucks.

:roll: :x :roll:

Like most people, Pac-Man blew my mind as a kid at how bad a 2600 game could get, me and my friends could not believe how bad this game came out and that Atari would let this happen, but after watching " Once upon Atari " with Howard Scoot Warshaw, the answers came to light.

:? :? :roll:

Edited by ATARIPITBULL

I'd like to know what 2600 game you think is the worst game ever made, besides Pac-Man and ET.

Every time you say something bad about E.T., two puppies and three kittens die and an angel loses his wings.

Edited by Random Terrain
  • Haha 2

Wall Ball is hardly the worst -- it's not even very bad.

No, no. Skeet Shoot. Skeet Shoot is by far the worst. I'd much rather play Pac Man and E.T. than Skeet Shoot. Skeet Shoot is inumanly nasty.

It's a little known fact that Skeet Shoot stopped the cold war, too. It is told that Regan attended a summit with Gorbachev, where he brandished a Skeet Shoot cartridge. Gorbachev's birthmark began pulsating and he collapsed in agony, screaming "Make it stop, please no more! Peace, we will have peace!"

I'd like to know what 2600 game you think is the worst game ever made, besides Pac-Man and ET. 

Pacman and ET are far from the worst games,if my memory serves me correctly ET was quite hard to get hold of here in UK back then.Ionly ever remember one friend ever getting hold of an ET cart and we would be on that game searching for phone pieces for a long time...surely Sky Diver must be a candidate for worst game?. :roll:

Pacman and ET are far from the worst games,if my memory serves me correctly ET was quite hard to get hold of here in UK back then.-jammajup

924449[/snapback]

Personally, I DO like both Pac-Man and ET, but I also know that there are many 2600 fans who don't feel the same way. That's why I asked what people thought were the worst games, besides those two.

Edited by HP Atari King of Michigan

E.T is always pointed at by the general public, just like Columbus discovered America. But we here, should know better.

Someone once said if you think E.T is the worst game then you haven't played too many 2600 games.

There's a big list out there.

My ONE worst game is Firefly by Mythicon and games like SSnake or Entombed are a close second.

Just stupid shit.

At least E.T. had some resemblence of graphics and a goal.

I'd pick Swordquest as worse over E.T. any friggin' day too.

(Don't mistake me, E.T is very bad but oh man are there worse and possibly lesser known games)

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

Just another "Pac-Man and ET are far from the worst 2600 games".

Some titles that are worse, IMO:

Star Ship

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Word Zapper

Anything by Mystique/Playaround

Laser Blast

924457[/snapback]

I actually like Star Ship, the Donkey Kong games, and Laser Blast. Better in small doses though.

• Like 1

E.T. and Pac-Man was not bad games. If you consider Pac-man to be a seperate game from the arcade and not as a port from the arcade, then its not so bad.

However, the worst game has to be Karate. That game is literally unplayable.

Second place goes to Skeet Shoot.

I agree with most of the sentimenters here...Pacman and ET may have been the most colossal failures on a global scale, but really I thought they were semi-ok and played them a fair deal.

Basic Math/Fun w-Numbers has to get my vote too. A calculator is more fun than this one. Plus, it doesn't recognize leading zeros, the remainder has to be in exactly the right place, etc. So you can have the right answer and it'll still play that dernfounded "You are wrong, you are wrong...." tune.

I'll say this each time ET is mentioned as the worst 2600 game: it's decently made for the short time that warsaw had to program it. It was rushed by atari for a holiday release, and while it isn't the best 2600 game, it is fun to play and I enjoyed it.

It say that most of the games that coleco made for the 2600 were terrible; especially both Donkey Kong games.

Edited by Smiley
  • Like 1

Like most people, Pac-Man blew my mind as a kid at how bad a 2600 game could get, me and my friends could not believe how bad this game came out and that Atari would let this happen, but after watching " Once upon Atari " with Howard Scoot Warshaw, the answers came to light.

:?  :?  :roll:

924377[/snapback]

What is "Once upon Atari" and where can I get it?

I really hated Infiltrate. It's like an uglier, dumber, more simplistic Elevator Action.

Mines of Minos didn't do much for me either. It's a sluggish, frustrating mess that's one of the worst maze games on the 2600. If you thought Pac-Man was a disappointment, wait'll you get a load of THIS!

Oh yeah, we can't forget Star Ship, or as I like to call it, "TOILETS... IN... SPAAAACE!!!"

JR

I actually like Star Ship, the Donkey Kong games, and Laser Blast. Better in small doses though.

924467[/snapback]

Starship is somewhat playable if you figure out which joystick to use. Freezing the action for explosions is sorta cheesy, but there are plenty of good games that do likewise (Arcade Pac Man when you eat ghosts, Donkey Kong when you smash things, etc.) Until I figured out I had to use the right controller, though, Starship was really lame.