IGNORED

Incoming! Updates and Demo

Albert

http://www.blarworld.com/incom.htmBen Larson, author of the upcoming game Incoming! for the Atari 2600, has made several recent updates to the Incoming! Development Page. These updates include a new two-player demo that you can download and try, as well as news about Ben's recent progress. Incoming! is a Sabotage style game in which two opponents shell each other with cannons over a variety of terrains.

I agree with StanJr, since I just paid $118 for combat 2 on ebay(that was the only way to get a CGE copy without going there).This Incoming project looks like a 'hack' of Artillary Duel,but unlike most it looks like the game is being made a lot better.Can't wait to get a copy down the road...

quote:

Originally posted by dwh:

This Incoming project looks like a 'hack' of Artillary Duel,but unlike most it looks like the game is being made a lot better.

Just to clarify, Incoming! is not a hack of Artillery Duel, Ben has written this game from scratch. If you take a look at his development page, you'll see all the cool features that Incoming! will have over Artillery Duel.

..Al

Guys,

Since I am rather busy these days, it's difficult to say when exactly the game will be done. I will say this, though: The game is not going to be a CGE-exclusive or anything. I'm not even sure I'll be going to CGE this summer, actually (I live in Ohio ). When I'm done I'll probably just sell it on Hozer Videogames. I really don't care too much about making money, so if I do go the Hozer route, it'll probably be royalty-free to keep the cost down.

Later,

Ben

I agree with the general consensus here, I think you should take the $5 royalty if you go the Hozer route. You could easily sell these carts for $20 or more at CGE2K2 or on your own. I think anything under that amount is being very generous, given the amount of time and effort it takes to develop a 2600 game.

..Al

I agree. Get your commission. You've earned your "props," as it were.

One OT point though: *Ahem* I would just like to ask one question - again - before we begin with the whole "CGE exclusives rants:"

"What 2600 game released at a previous CGE can you NOT currently pick up elsewhere?"

Hozer carries every game from CGE 2K1: Combat II ($118 or $22. Simple choice there), SCSIcide, Allia's Quest, Secret Agent, etc. Want Vault Assault or Crazy Valet? Brian Prescott would be happy to supply you with one if you just visit his website and drop him a line. All of the previous unreleased Ebivision stuff is there too.

In fact, the only 2600 game I can name that isn't available is Elevator Action, and I think it's because it's an 8K bankswitchy fancy-shmancy ROM deal. (There's also a host of unavailable Colecovision carts, but this is an Atari board, right? Anyway...)

My long-winded point is, "Cut it out with the 'Don't make it a CGE-exclusive' pleas." You and I both know that you *WILL* be able to get ahold of a cart at an affordable price at some point down the road. Almost every homebrewer makes plans for distribution after CGE. Patience is a virture. Good things come to he who waits. Blah blah blah....

Oh, and before anyone is crass enough to ask, please don't hound Ben for the BIN image once the game's done. Support the man and buy a freakin' cart.

Snider-man

"Being a little too 'Jiminy Cricket' for his own good..."

quote:

Originally posted by Snider-man:

My long-winded point is, "Cut it out with the 'Don't make it a CGE-exclusive' pleas." You and I both know that you *WILL* be able to get ahold of a cart at an affordable price at some point down the road. Almost every homebrewer makes plans for distribution after CGE. Patience is a virture. Good things come to he who waits. Blah blah blah....

Oh, and before anyone is crass enough to ask, please don't hound Ben for the BIN image once the game's done. Support the man and buy a freakin' cart.

I second that motion!

Cheers,

Marco