IGNORED

Tecmo Classic Arcade for xbox

Shannon

I'm probably gonna pass on this one. IGN sez it's a very no-frills collection, with a small amount of games and very little historical information or artwork to go along with them. I want to know just why Tehkan decided to change its name to Tecmo, and it doesn't look like Tecmo Classic Arcade is going to give me the answer to this question. It doesn't look like the games (including such classics as Senjyo and Pinball Action) would keep me entertained for long, either. For me, it's a simple case of "Go not pass Tecmo, go directly to Capcom Classics Collection."

JR

not to mention star force sucks. 

You nuts? Man Star Force was one of the fastest shmups around for it's time. :D I'm hard pressed to think of anything of it's generation comparable to it aside from the usual stuff like Tiger Heli or something like that.

I agree though they should have put in Ninja Gaiden.

I'll pick this one up.. but probably only because I pick everything up.

Edited by NE146

Mostly off topic:

I'm still jonesing for a decent version of o Heavy Barrerl and Midnight Resistance.

I do have the NES version of HB. It's just not the same. The 8 way controller + the 8 way ratchet was great. With modern two-thumbsticks the same feel can be done and better yet with less time lost as you rotate about.

These two were SNK? I don't recall honestly.

Hex.

[ The retro packs are coming. I hope they are well done, and not half-baked like Midway treasures 2 ]

Personally, I was more a fan of Terra Cresta and 1943

I'm a huge "original" fan of Terra Cresta.. :D but I think that came out a little after Star Force.

To me Star Force was the first of the really frantic & fast type of shootemup that I had ever seen.. probably the spiritual ancestor of the fast-paced kinds we've seen throughout the years ala Star Soldier and Gunhed.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked it up pretty much for Pinball Action which used to be an favorite of mine.. my friend and I would challenge in that all the time. Granted I can play it in mameox, but I'll gladly support the company that made it and had the foresight to include it in a 2005 release for us crazy old arcade freaks. :)

Is that the pinball game with Cher's face in it?  Sure looked like her to me, anyway.

:lol: yes. But only on the main "hub" playfield.

But don't forget the other themed playfields you could reach each with their own goals. Bowling, Cards, and Slots

1043347222.jpg1099790912.jpg1043347192.jpg

Getting to those and trying to light all the pins for a strike (by running the ball over them), or get the drop targets enough times for a Royal Flush in the cards made the game a good challenge for a video pinball :)

Edited by NE146

OH MY GOD!

I know I'm late, but thanks for posting the news. I don't care what that review says, I know it's not the greatest game ever made, but I liked playing Swimmer at the arcade. I didn't get to go to the arcade that much, but when I did, there was a short time there when I played Swimmer at least once every visit. It wasn't there long which was disappointing and I waited many years for someone to make Swimmer for the NES or SNES but they never did.

I played it using MAME, but if there is a computer fart bubble, the game will slow down or skip frames, so I am going to buy this for Xbox the next time I get some money.

I don't like Swimmer as much as I once did, but I am going to buy this and make my inner-teen happy anyway. I might like some of the other games too.

If Activision brings out the Commodore 64 game, Toy Bizarre for the Xbox or Xbox 360, my inner-teen will be even happier.

I just got it and I'm a bit disappointed in it. Some games are very much worth it, others are not. No extra features or histories either. Still its oK, I also question the price tag. $40 is waayy too much.

My favs are: Tecmo Bowl (sort of), Rygar and the shoot em' ups. Another pretty cool game is Solomons Key, I totally missed that at the arcades.

Random mentioned Swimmer, it seems like it could be good but the "flickering" or lack of tight control makes it impossibly frustrating for me.

"I just got it and I'm a bit disappointed in it. Some games are very much worth it, others are not. No extra features or histories either. Still its oK, I also question the price tag. $40 is waayy too much."

Where'd you buy it? The MSRP is 30 dollars and all the major retailers I've seen are selling it for that price.

I am buying this game when it comes out and Capcom Classics too.

I just wish that Konami would put out a Contra compilation.

925994[/snapback]

They released a Castlevania & Contra Collection for PC a few years ago, with the Castlevania 1-3, Contra and Super Contra, the NES versions, if memory serves me well...

933212[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw something like that at a local store. I'll check to see if they still have it... :ponder: