IGNORED

Does anyone Only play Classic Games?

thund3r

anyoen who is playing only the classics is a fool for denying themselves the pleasure of katamari damacy!!!

seriously, there's some great new old-school type games that are awesome. i can't imagine playing ONLY the classics, though i am easily about 75% classic.

anyoen who is playing only the classics is a fool for denying themselves the pleasure of katamari damacy!!!

seriously, there's some great new old-school type games that are awesome. i can't imagine playing ONLY the classics, though i am easily about 75% classic.

926112[/snapback]

Definately! That's the way I feel about Meteos. It has this great old-school feeling to it, even has a level made out of things that look like Space Invaders. It's definately worth a play - but some people completely overlook it as a "current" game.

I have some of the newer consoles (gamecube, xbox, dc, ps2) but I spend more time playing my classic games and consoles more than the modern ones.

I enjoyed the classic games cause they weren't about flashy graphics and violence, and more about gameplay.

I only play classic. I've owned various post-crash systems, but sold/donated them all... and I don't play anything on the computers.

I just find that newer games (in general) take too long to get into. I like something I can play for a few minutes, have fun, and put it away.

at the moment im about 80% Modern 20% Oldskool, Playing alot of Cs:s and World of warcraft alot kind of pulls me away from most console gaming, but i go back to playing ganutlet with friends, or some genny and snes now and then. I just prefer carts over cds! so much more nostalgic!

I had a Gamecube, but since I didn't play it that often I sold it to my brother. These days I only play games on my 2600. The exception would be when I go to a friends house for competitions in Goldeneye or Mario Tennis on the Nintendo 64. I've played the Xbox and PS2 as well, but my true love of gaming resides with the old school. :cool:

I seem to like classic style games or arcade style games for modern systems the best.

Give me something I can relate to, but tart it up in a shiny new wrapper. The Atari Flashback 2, with better hardware and unreleased games - great! Star Wars games on the XBOX and Cube - great! Classic arcade, console, and pinball collections? Great! Easy to learn, difficult to master games like Rez, Frequency, Amplitude, Ridge Racer, Katamari Damacy, Space Channel 5, Zookeeper, Wipeout, Outrun, Virtua Fighter - great! Remakes of 8 and 16 bit games - ok!

I've been buying a *bunch* of GBA games lately, most of which have some retro twist or a throwback to the past. Minish Cap, Sigma Star Saga, Riviera, Rebelstar Tactical -- what a bunch of great games, much fresher than the polygon stuff on the big consoles, with some quick play value but no flashy tech. Older GBA games are my other big weakness lately. The Metroid games, the Wario Ware games, the LotR games (mini Diablo!) the TRON game... they're all so tiny and yummy. I'm getting a GBA Micro just to carry this stuff around with me wherever I go on a tiny bright screen. If you made me choose between the XBOX and the GBA right now, I'm not sure which I would pick. The PS2, Cube, DS, and PSP would not be missed, alas.

I've flipped through the latest issues of Computer Gaming World, XBOX Magazine, and Nintendo Power, and nothing is grabbing me. Wrestling, realistic warfare, urban bling bling, blood and guts -- bleah. I guess the kids these days don't like the sci-fi stuff as much as we did. I wish I had the time to play something like City of Heroes, which looks like a blast.

Mostly old stuff here. I have a Dreamcast and a ton of games for it, but for the most part I have it for emulation - it's not even plugged in at the moment. I also own a GBA, but I only have like 3 games for it and never play. I play PC games, but usually 2D stuff, puzzles, emulation, and card games.

I don't think I limit myself though... I'm not a fanboy of any system. If I like it, I'll play it. Money is a problem though, and I can't see paying bucko dollars for something that is only going to offer me a handful of games that I actually enjoy. I'll wait to buy these nextgen systems when they die off and become affordable.

I would have to say that my favorite games of all time are for the original NES. My favorite, being an RPG called Dragon Warrior, or Dragon Quest in Japan. I don't think the new games can ever compare to the new games as far as just plain fun goes. How many times have we all beaten super mario brothers compared to how many times we have beaten Halo? Mario is a household name and icon. I don't think any of the characters from modern gaming are going to reach that status any time soon.

Old systems are the best, but since I'm an addict, I have all three of the modern consoles.

oh, i totally have a dreamcast for emulation! forgot to mention that. my NES is blinkenlight, so why not just use the dreamcast instead? i count that as classic for sure.

everything is currently losing out to 5200 MULE, though.

Mostly old stuff here.  I have a Dreamcast and a ton of games for it, but for the most part I have it for emulation - it's not even plugged in at the moment. 

926552[/snapback]

The most recent system I own is a Dreamcast. I have other modern systems like Jaguar , Gen, Saturn, PS1 but I haven't hooked them up to a TV set in 2-3 years. I find myself now playing classic systems, usually in emulation, exclusively. There's so many games between A8, C64, TI99, NES, CV, Intv, MSX that I'll never run out of new games to play. The whole PS2/GC/Xbox generation never produced anything that made me want to play it except DOOM 3. I'd like to try GTA3 or SA.