IGNORED

Would you buy Total Carnage?

Cobra Kai

If Songbird or someone else can actually get this game released for the Jaguar, would you be willing to actually purchase it for $80-100? It's one thing to get the rights to publish this game on the Jaguar, and another thing to sell the game. I understand that it has to be a fairly large investment to undertake a project like this, get all the game cases, boxes, instructions made etc....so I think it would be nice to see how many of us would be willing to fork over the greenbacks to pay for this game.

I'll raise my hand and commit that I would pay the $80(just judging by Songbirds typical price for Jag games) to own this cart, with a full color box and an instruction booklet. I dont know how far over that price I'd be willing to go, since it is just a prototype, but it looks damn good judging from the screenshots and the gameplay video I downloaded. Personally I hope that this is the 'mystery Jag game' that Songbird has listed in their Projects page.

926351[/snapback]

I concur wholeheartedly with Gunstarhero. I too would pay $80.00 for a Jaguar version of "TOTAL CARNAGE" but not much more.

I would and I do continue to buy these games.

Of the ones that have been released after the fact, I've purchased:

SkyHammer

Protector SE

Protector

Worms

Phase Zero

Breakout 2000

and well, a few others.

However, $75 bucks IS steep, and that being the case, it's hard for me to justify buying a game that I'll probably play once and put it away. Especially since I don't usually buy a game system unless it's already 4-5 years old.

But for the Jaguar I would...

With the recent news from Songbird, I just want to say that I had no prior knowledge of this actually being released so soon after I made this topic. This was not a hype thread, or a thread in which I was in collusion with anyone to try and fix a retail price for this product.

I just wanted to get that clear, because it seems so weird that I made this topic and then 2 weeks later the game is released. It was my good Karma that rubbed off...nothing more. :cool:

Gunstarhero - Can you start a thread on 'Whould you buy Dactyl Joust' :D

936478[/snapback]

Oh man, don't tease me like that. Talk about the holy grail of Jaguar games....

936489[/snapback]

I think we should do that for every unreleased game hehe:-)

I am all for Freelancer 2010.....but Dactyl Joust would be fine as well

Peter

With the recent news from Songbird, I just want to say that I had no prior knowledge of this actually being released so soon after I made this topic. This was not a hype thread, or a thread in which I was in collusion with anyone to try and fix a retail price for this product.

I just wanted to get that clear, because it seems so weird that I made this topic and then 2 weeks later the game is released. It was my good Karma that rubbed off...nothing more. :cool:

936476[/snapback]

I'm sure, if anything, this thread helped Carl set the price... ;)

936476[/snapback]

I have to admit, I found it very ironic that this thread was started right when I was in the middle of printing all the new boxes, manuals, and labels. :) Almost nobody knew about this project ahead of time, because I didn't want to hype it until it was all ready.

I think you guys are going to be very pleased with the quality of everything -- the manual is IMO the best I've ever published (and no, I didn't lay it out, Kevin Manne gets kudos for that ;) ).

936476[/snapback]

I have to admit, I found it very ironic that this thread was started right when I was in the middle of printing all the new boxes, manuals, and labels. :) Almost nobody knew about this project ahead of time, because I didn't want to hype it until it was all ready.

I think you guys are going to be very pleased with the quality of everything -- the manual is IMO the best I've ever published (and no, I didn't lay it out, Kevin Manne gets kudos for that ;) ).

936503[/snapback]

Kevin is AMAZING at doing artwork. He was nice enough to do all my Extremist Packs and the JSII Pack and just did an incredible job on both the CD labels and the inserts.....

936476[/snapback]

Yeah yeah, sure whatever bud. Bob's your Uncle.

Could you start a who would buy a MK3 thread also?

936476[/snapback]

936761[/snapback]

MK3?!?? Now I will definitely buy one sight unseen (even if MK2 is alot better IMO) :lust: :lust:

936476[/snapback]

936761[/snapback]

MK3?!?? Now I will definitely buy one sight unseen (even if MK2 is alot better IMO) :lust: :lust:

936832[/snapback]

MK3 has gotta be floating around somewhere, the Beta anyway. I know they were working on it, but some holdup with Williams not sending Atari the bitmaps needed to finish the game or something...

936476[/snapback]

936761[/snapback]

Screw that, I've got my sights set higher.

Would You Buy WWF Wrestlefest?

936476[/snapback]

936761[/snapback]

Screw that, I've got my sights set higher.

Would You Buy WWF Wrestlefest?

937101[/snapback]

Yay if it had four player team tap support or eight....hm....but actually....no :-)

Hehe, just remember some night with friends of mine on a supernintendo and royal rumble. We had a blast but only that one night.....

Peter