IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Portable

Fletch

I thought the playstation port was the same game, maybe I'm mistaken.  You know any game taht doesn't use the number pad much would play ok on it.

931518[/snapback]

After looking at a bunch of screenshots I don't think they are the same game. The PS screenshots don't look near as good as I remember the Jag version being. And it appeared to be different gameplay wise. Maybe I will try to get my hands on a copy for the playstation and take a look at it. Then I can compare them.

I purchased Missile Command for the Playstation today and they definitely are not the same game. The Playstation version dosn't even compare to the Jag version. I'm not saying this out of bias it is simply the truth. The controls on the Playstation version are horrible and the gameplay is nowhere near as good. I will stick with the Jag version.

• 14 years later...

I owned that lol, also got a different one off eBay and sent it back to get fixed but it was never to be seen again. $500 wasted. 
   The one pictured above was nice but as someone mentioned above it was bulky, to top heavy and iirc it had to be plugged into an outlet, picture was good on the screen and the sound was ok. I didnt like the analog stick replacing the d-pad personally. 

Edited by BuddyBuddies
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

It's always nice to be reminded of a time when you could buy a CIB Jag for under fifty bucks. :)

Heard that! Now even some of the not so great games are going for nearly 100 bucks. I seen somebody sold the Jaguar manual and CD manuals for $90! Insane. 

• Like 1

Just now, BuddyBuddies said:

Heard that! Now even some of the not so great games are going for nearly 100 bucks. I seen somebody sold the Jaguar manual and CD manuals for $90! Insane. 

You can´t blame the sellers ... but the guys who are st*** enough to pay 90 quid for two booklets.

Just now, Rick Dangerous said:

15 year old thread bump. 

Add me to the list for when these are mass produced! ;)

I would be happy enough about a perfectly fine working emulator for the PSP or something similar.

My LYNX e.g. haven´t seen the daylight since ages ... Handy does a good job on PSP.