IGNORED

General Question about older 2600 carts...

nintendan

Just was at my local Value Village, and they had about 10-12 older Atari 2600 games. These are the text-only labels, but some of them had numbers to the left of the label on the end-label.

I have seen text-only carts WITHOUT the numbers, so I'm wondering if any of these numbered variations are worth picking up? I remember they had 01 Combat, and a few others (even #30).

These were each a $1.99, so is this somewhat of a unique find, or are these numbered variations kinda common?

Thanks to those who respond.

Dan

Just was at my local Value Village, and they had about 10-12 older Atari 2600 games. These are the text-only labels, but some of them had numbers to the left of the label on the end-label.

I have seen text-only carts WITHOUT the numbers, so I'm wondering if any of these numbered variations are worth picking up? I remember they had 01 Combat, and a few others (even #30).

These were each a $1.99, so is this somewhat of a unique find, or are these numbered variations kinda common?

Thanks to those who respond.

Dan

930693[/snapback]

#30 would be Circus Atari, which isn't listed as having a numbered label variation . . . If it exists, that would be a find.

I have a 51 Blackjack and a 41 Surround myself. I don't have a numbered Combat, although I have a gatefold Combat box (which was just laying by itself in the furniture section of the thrift store, someday I'll find the cart to match).

#30 would be Circus Atari, which isn't listed as having a numbered label variation . . .  If it exists, that would be a find.

There is definitely no number label Circus Atari. Atari only did those labels on the original nine 1977 releases. Circus Atari was released in 1980. In fact there are no number labels in the 30's at all. Here they all are:

01 Combat

02 Air-Sea Battle

03 Star Ship

11 Indy 500

12 Street Racer

21 Video Olympics

41 Surround

51 Blackjack

61 Basic Math

There is definitely no number label Circus Atari.  Atari only did those labels on the original nine 1977 releases.  Circus Atari was released in 1980.  In fact there are no number labels in the 30's at all.  Here they all are:

01 Combat

02 Air-Sea Battle

03 Star Ship

11 Indy 500

12 Street Racer

21 Video Olympics

41 Surround

51 Blackjack

61 Basic Math

930876[/snapback]

It would seem the first digit was genre, and the second digit was sequential within the genre? I wonder what 31 would have been?