IGNORED

Earliest Activision Catalogs

froggger2

The AtariAge Manual Section shows a copy of 1980 Catalog AG-940-02. This catalog shows Boxing, Checkers, Dragster and Fishing Derby as being available and says Bridge and Skiing will be available in 1981. Activision issued one page catalogs as part of the original 4/80 printings of the Boxing, Checkers, Dragster and Fishing Derby instruction manuals. Each of the four instruction manuals showed the other three original games. The game descriptions are similar but not exactly the same as those in the AG-940-02 catalog. It would be nice to use the 4/80 printings of the four original Activision games when you add their manuals to the Manual Section. I appreciate your Atari 2600 Catalog and Manual Sections very much.

Manuals and catalogs are just as fun to collect as the games.I recall looking at all the 'great' new releases that were listed in the catalogs, with all the hype and awesome artwork.Too bad that half the time, the games were not as 'great' as the ads.

A few years back I was planning on posting a classic video games ad website, and when I graduate in a few weeks, I was thinking about doing it. I have a ton of old comic books with really cool atari, colecovision, and intellivision ads and was thinking about scanning them all and have them up on a website. I had logos and stuff, and was oging to call it the atari ad archive. Anybody be interested in that?

Brad