IGNORED

Extremely Rare Picture Label Sears Superman

sly

At this point I think everybody is hoping Wonder007 will be bidding, for fear they may get stucking winning a $200+ label variation!

933524[/snapback]

Lochjaw is nothing more then a label variation! and well worth $200+ (cart only). but we all know why it's so rare.

Lochjaw's gameplay is different from its more common counterpart. Superman is identical in terms of gameplay.

Yes but Lochjaw is also a unique title. Going on name alone here. Superman is still just superman. It was released by Atari with same artwork, and as Atari & Sears by title name, so there's not much interesting behind it, just that it's a pain to find. I thought some small bits of the rom were also changed for lochjaw as well? Unique title name, altered code, plus the story behind as to why it was changed, make for a nicer conversation piece.

Collector collect, it's what they do. If there is something they don't have that is rare or unique for thier collection, they will go after it, otherwise they wouldn't be a collector (if it weren't for these collectors you would have nowhere to post). Otherwise would any 20 year old videogame be worth hundreds of dollars?

I think not.

Edited by Wester

Insane or not, I paid $480 for a Lochjaw and manual.  Why not?  It's the only Apollo game I didn't have, and I think the manual is even less common than the game.  They're both very unique parts of Atari history.

933872[/snapback]

Besides the cover, are there any differences between the Lochjaw and Shark Attack instructions?