IGNORED

Extremely Rare Picture Label Sears Superman

sly

$200+ for a pirate label variation?

And I thought I was a 2600 loonie!   :-o

Cheers,

Marco

932492[/snapback]

I think Marco laughs at almost everyone who pays alot for something cause he has got every item in the past for so cheap or he has sold one himself for cheap and he was totaly happy with the deal.

Marco is not the only loonie anymore but he might have been the first! :cool:

Yes, but Marco will drop $$$$$$$ on a homemade starplex multi game unit. :P

$200+ for a pirate label variation?

And I thought I was a 2600 loonie!  :-o

Cheers,

Marco

932492[/snapback]

I think Marco laughs at almost everyone who pays alot for something cause he has got every item in the past for so cheap or he has sold one himself for cheap and he was totaly happy with the deal.

Marco is not the only loonie anymore but he might have been the first! :cool:

Yes, but Marco will drop $$$$$$$ on a homemade starplex multi game unit. :P

932783[/snapback]

I'd drop a lot of money on a homemade game selex with at least double the game selections.

I'd drop a lot of money on a homemade game selex with at least double the game selections.

932821[/snapback]

PM sent. :P

932865[/snapback]

LMAO, Ask and Ye shall recieve.

or should I say

The Great Wiz has spoken , nnyyeeehhh. (ie Fraggle Rock style)

And we're still waiting w/ baited breath for a modded 7800. :ponder: :P

Re Superman:

I expect it to end around 300 as well and definitely am keeping an eye on it too.

932821[/snapback]

PM sent. :P

932865[/snapback]

LMAO, Ask and Ye shall recieve.

or should I say

The Great Wiz has spoken , nnyyeeehhh. (ie Fraggle Rock style)

And we're still waiting w/ baited breath for a modded 7800. :ponder: :P

Yeah Yeah I know, I am modding a Atari for Tronman and fixing another tonight. We'll see about how much time I have next week as I am trying to get in a computer mod as well, but I doubt that'll happen soon. Long story short, the case will have 3 huge plexiglass windows.

I was just kidding. This is typically a case of "to each his own" (or something like that). I've paid $$$ for stuff only one or two others were interested in.

What I find interesting to see, is that a couple of people appear to have a lot of influence in what's cool to collect and what's not. Intriguing psychology :)

Cheers,

Marco

Re Superman:

I expect it to end around 300 as well and definitely am keeping an eye on it too.

932872[/snapback]

:ponder: ...($300 +++...easy)!!!

;)

932957[/snapback]

Man, I thought this would be going higher!!! People are starting to sound like Dr. Evil (Austin Powers).

SSSSLLLLLLAAAAAAMMMMMMMM DDDDUUUUUNNNNKKKK!!!!!!! :lust: :cool: :lust: :love: :cool: :lust: :love: :cool: :lust: :love: :love: :love:

Re Superman:

932872[/snapback]

;)

932957[/snapback]

Man, I thought this would be going higher!!! People are starting to sound like Dr. Evil (Austin Powers).

SSSSLLLLLLAAAAAAMMMMMMMM DDDDUUUUUNNNNKKKK!!!!!!! :lust: :cool: :lust: :love: :cool: :lust: :love: :cool: :lust: :love: :love: :love:

932997[/snapback]

Years ago every time Mike Tyson would fight the fight would be over before it even started because the other boxers were so scared of him. The same is true when people see that you are interested in an item. I would watch out though. antoni732 is your Buster Douglas. He will pay the big bucks.

What I find interesting to see, is that a couple of people appear to have a lot of influence in what's cool to collect and what's not. Intriguing psychology  :)

932976[/snapback]

If this psychology works........

"It is not COOL to collect the Superman Sears Pic label cart!!!!!!!"...

:roll: :D

What I find interesting to see, is that a couple of people appear to have a lot of influence in what's cool to collect and what's not. Intriguing psychology  :)

932976[/snapback]

933018[/snapback]

And while you're all at it, stay away from :ahoy: s and PAL titles. They are extremely unhip.

<---- wants to buy any Superman cart and print a Sears picture label for it so it can look good in his collection.

That's too much money for a label variation. I'll just make a Sears picture label for a Superman cart to go in my Sears collection. And no, I'm not going try to tell anyone it's the real thing!

Re Superman:

932872[/snapback]

;)

932957[/snapback]

932997[/snapback]

Years ago every time Mike Tyson would fight the fight would be over before it even started because the other boxers were so scared of him. The same is true when people see that you are interested in an item. I would watch out though. antoni732 is your Buster Douglas. He will pay the big bucks.

933017[/snapback]

I have competed against antoni732, beat him everytime! But you know what, I'm still debating whether I am going to get this game or not. It would be a nice addition to my collection.

932976[/snapback]

933018[/snapback]

Reverse of the reverse as I would say.....did not think of the PSYCHOLOGY angle!!! Intriguing Atariager!!!

I think at this point we'll definitely watch, but see what else surfaces later.

Granted I am tempted as heck to bid but there's a few other things we're watching at the moment, but who knows. :ponder:

Anyone who finds those Brazilian carts like CCE or Polyvox ones, or those pirate carts and needs to get rid of them somewhere can always send them here - we'll of course reimburse for shipping as it would only be the fair thing to do.

At this point I think everybody is hoping Wonder007 will be bidding, for fear they may get stucking winning a $200+ label variation!

933524[/snapback]

Lochjaw is nothing more then a label variation! and well worth $200+ (cart only). but we all know why it's so rare.

if this had an interesting "story" behind this cart, i would be going for it also... :twisted:

Good luck to all. :cool:

Rick

At this point I think everybody is hoping Wonder007 will be bidding, for fear they may get stucking winning a $200+ label variation!

933524[/snapback]

Lochjaw is nothing more then a label variation! and well worth $200+ (cart only). but we all know why it's so rare.

if this had an interesting "story" behind this cart, i would be going for it also... :twisted:

Rick

933545[/snapback]

Yes but Lochjaw is also a unique title. Going on name alone here. Superman is still just superman. It was released by Atari with same artwork, and as Atari & Sears by title name, so there's not much interesting behind it, just that it's a pain to find. I thought some small bits of the rom were also changed for lochjaw as well? Unique title name, altered code, plus the story behind as to why it was changed, make for a nicer conversation piece.

933524[/snapback]

Rick

933545[/snapback]

Yes but Lochjaw is also a unique title. Going on name alone here. Superman is still just superman. It was released by Atari with same artwork, and as Atari & Sears by title name, so there's not much interesting behind it, just that it's a pain to find. I thought some small bits of the rom were also changed for lochjaw as well? Unique title name, altered code, plus the story behind as to why it was changed, make for a nicer conversation piece.

933552[/snapback]

My... 2cents.gif! Magicard has a label variation and I happened to pick up both copies!... ;)

:cool:

I am happy with my text label Superman that I bought for a $1 at the flea market a few years ago.

There are a few collectors who would pay several hundred for this label variation. If CPUWIZ won the lotto this week he probably would end up with it because I am sure that he would like this more than anyone else on here.

I thought that Sears had a contest years ago and awarded the picture label variation to 10 lucky winners. I am surprised that the other copies haven't shown up on eBay yet.