IGNORED

Whats your Dragster best time?

Nicewun

• 10 years later...

I'm sorry, but I LOVE the post that started this thread. "I can't prove it because I can't afford a digital camera". Which in early 2002 was very much possible. I just had to laugh - on a forum dedicated to retro memories, someone made me realize just how much has changed in consumer electronics in 12 years. Who the heck doesn't have easy access to half a dozen digital cameras in various forms today? :-D

And of course it also reminded me of the "mail in a picture of your high score" back in the day. My parents would never have allowed it (film is expensive!!) and by the time digital cameras became widespread, not only had "high scores" long since disappeared, but most game systems could send them in online. How times have changed.

Anyway, awesome thread bump.

Edited by freeweed
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Atarian7:

back when this first came out ATari did a computer simulated run to figure out what time a "perfect" run would produce.

Did Atari do this simulated run or was it Activision?

Activision - when Todd sent in for his patch they didnt believe his score. He reproduced it in front of the programmer.

Activision - when Todd sent in for his patch they didnt believe his score. He reproduced it in front of the programmer.

Thanks for the answer. Only had to wait 12 years :)

BTW: The link to my Dragster certificate in the original ost was wrong. Here is the correct one:

http://www.rolentapress.com/memorabilia/dragster%20certificate.jpg