IGNORED

Questions about Sega CD models

gamer2

I think one vidgame.net logo will work with another, yes...

BTW, that site doesn't let you hotlink images.

933496[/snapback]

it is easy to hot link images

just right click an image and chose copy image location

Yeah. And everyone but you sees a filler image that just says "don't steal our bandwidth"(see attached image)

Only reason you can see it is your browser is loading from the cache, not the site.

NO ONE BUT YOU can see the hardware you're asking about.

but will each device work with eachother

I'd have to see it to know.

post-3658-1127003054_thumb.png

All of them will work together, except of course the Genesis 3.  You shouldn't have too many problems.  If it has an expansion port, you're good to go.

933608[/snapback]

Someone dragged up a SCD1 manual scan a while back and it mentioned that some Gen2s don't work with SCD1s.

Which is a better situation than the "no Gen2 works with an SCD1" that I'd been lead to believe.

As far as I know, all SegaCD's will work with all models of Genesis except for the Genesis 3 and Nomad (... and CDX and X'Eye, but those already have CD players)

There are two issues that should be mentioned that I'm not entirely sure of:

One is that when you hook a Genesis 1 up to a SegaCD 1, you need a patch cord for the audio, since the only source of stereo sound on the Genesis 1 is through the headphone jack on the front. I know they fixed this with the Genesis 2, so this patch cable is not needed if you're using a Gen2/SCD2 setup, but I'm not sure what the situation is when you're dealing with a Gen2/SCD1...

The other part, which isn't really all that important, is that the Gen1 is wider than the Gen2, so if you put a Gen2 onto a SCD1, it's a bit small and might look a little strange. This won't affect operation of course. The SCD2 actually came with a removable extender for the base so that it wouldn't look weird with a Gen1.

--Zero

As far as I know, all SegaCD's will work with all models of Genesis except for the Genesis 3 and Nomad (... and CDX and X'Eye, but those already have CD players)

*shrugs*

Just part of the mystery of the Genesis. Along with the nagging "OMG BLAST PROCESSING AM TEH BIG LIE!111" things that pop up every now and again.

There are two issues that should be mentioned that I'm not entirely sure of:

One is that when you hook a Genesis 1 up to a SegaCD 1, you need a patch cord for the audio, since the only source of stereo sound on the Genesis 1 is through the headphone jack on the front. I know they fixed this with the Genesis 2, so this patch cable is not needed if you're using a Gen2/SCD2 setup, but I'm not sure what the situation is when you're dealing with a Gen2/SCD1...

As I udnerstand it, the SCD1 CAN take audio input from the Gen2's edge connector.

Sadly, the Gen1 has no audio at all on the edge connector.

The other part, which isn't really all that important, is that the Gen1 is wider than the Gen2, so if you put a Gen2 onto a SCD1, it's a bit small and might look a little strange. This won't affect operation of course. The SCD2 actually came with a removable extender for the base so that it wouldn't look weird with a Gen1.

I think that extender on the SCD2 might be necessary for stability purposes. I'd have to take it off to see.