IGNORED

Flow

seemo

Hi Everyone,

here's Flow, my new game.

You have to put red sticks around the blue (cpu) sticks.

Move the flashing indicator with joystick in port A, and add sticks pressing FIRE.

To score, the sum of red sticks above/below/to the left/to the right of a blue cell must match the value of the blue cell.

When this happens, the blue cell changes color.

There's a running indicator, looping through the matrix : you will see how many loops it has to do, before score is computed, on bottom left corner of the screen.

If you change color of every cpu cell, the loop counter will be forced to 0 and a bonus will be added to your score for every unused loop.

Every time the loop counter reaches/is forced to 0, new cpu cells are added to the matrix.

Game ends when the entire matrix is full of cpu cells.

Simone

flow.zip

I got 7500 on my first game. It's definitely addictive, and the music makes it even more interesting. I'm going to run try the other variations. :)

[edit]

Wow! My first game, on level one, lasted probably 7 - 10 minutes. I just tried level 8, and I don't think I lasted 2! :D Great game!

Edited by mojofltr

This version is quite a bit easier to see which, in conjunction with two rows missing, makes a bit easier to play. I like both versions, actually. :)

I just played again on level one. I'm going to go play on a harder level now with the new ROM. :)

[edit]

I played on level zero... I had assumed 1 was the default. :dunce: :D

Edited by mojofltr

7200 for my first game.

Then I played on 8... heheheh... I think my score was just under 3000.

When the highscore screen popped up, it showed the highscore - 7200 from the game I played on level 0, but it showed "level 8" from the game I just played. This is one thing, I can think of, that I would change with the game... it's just too easy to feign a highscore screenshot for a later level this way.

Still loving this one. The next time I dig up my Kroko Cart, I'll test it on real hardware. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

here's a major gameplay update : now you can move the cells of the matrix.

Just hold FIRE and move the joystick, and the symbols on the row or column of the flashing indicator will move by one cell, according to the direction of the joystick.

This makes the game more playable, and allows to clear cpu cells that weren't clearable because of their position. :)

'Blocked cells' concept has been removed from the game.

During game, you can select alternative sounds using the left difficulty switch.

Scoring has been brought in the range 1-999, and level parameters have been tweaked, in an endless battle against ultra-high scores. :twisted:

Simone

flow.zip

I saw this the other day, but I have been too busy to give it much of a try. I did just fire it up and I like what you've added! Unfortunately, I'm off to work now, so I'll have to give it some more time later.

So, I see you have been making many excellent improvements to both Flow and Jitter. Is there an update in the works for Mantra? :ponder: :D I'm not trying to be pushy... I've just really enjoyed your games and I find each new release even better than before! :)

Edited by mojofltr