IGNORED

Mint Obelix

Ken Meoni

Do you have any Pal carts to compare it too on your tv?  I thought all the Atari Corps were PAL.

934089[/snapback]

I don't have PAL version carts. A PAL version cart wouldn't work on my system/tv as it is NTSC. Besides I have other Atari Corps that are not PAL.

Edited by Ken Meoni

If you don't have any how do you know? :P

Alot of people seem to think that some newer tvs play PAL carts just fine, although mine do not. If you at least had a pal cart to compare it too, acart that is known to be in pal format, then you would know one way or the other. If the other pal cart no roll, maybe your tv is playing a pal Obelix just the same.

I say Atari corp, as in this is a re-released label, 1986, if there were two releases, original Atari Inc & later Atari Corp, both for NTSC this would be much more common title you'd think? Most of the 86 carts on ebay are PAL. Even without the p end label.

If you don't have any how do you know?  :P

Alot of people seem to think that some newer tvs play PAL carts just fine, although mine do not. If you at least had a pal cart to compare it too, acart that is known to be in pal format, then you would know one way or the other. If the other pal cart no roll, maybe your tv is playing a pal Obelix just the same. 

I say Atari corp, as in this is a re-released label, 1986, if there were two releases, original Atari Inc & later Atari Corp, both for NTSC this would be much more common title you'd think? Most of the 86 carts on ebay are PAL. Even without the p end label.

934131[/snapback]

Too bad I don't have a newer TV. :roll: I guess you are steamed because I didn't agree with you on something last night? Show some class, if you can.

What?  :? I'm not steamed about anything.

This is one of the few Atari carts I still need, but I need it too be a true NTSC cart. Atari corps are not as pretty as original silver labels though, but if it is NTSC I'm very interested. But right now I'm not convinced it is NTSC. just  IMHO

934145[/snapback]

I have added a money back guarantee on the auction. I will give a full refund plus shipping money back both ways if it is a PAL version game. As far as I know this is an NTSC, but just in case, I wanted to make sure if it isin't, that whoever won it, would get their money back. Thanks for the info. you have posted. ;)

Edited by Ken Meoni

Hi Everybody,

Sorry, but I ended the auction. After help from alot of people on this site, I just can't be sure this is NTSC. Thanks to everyone who posted here with info and to those who PM'd me. I may relist in the future as not knowing what version the game is. I am in the middle of the desert, so I don't get much help out here. Thanks Again, Ken

Hi Everybody,

Sorry, but I ended the auction.  After help from alot of people on this site, I just can't be sure this is NTSC.  Thanks to everyone who posted here with info and to those who PM'd me.  I may relist in the future as not knowing what version the game is.  I am in the middle of the desert, so I don't get much help out here. Thanks Again, Ken

934627[/snapback]

If it turns out to be NTSC...let me know!!! :cool: :D

Ok, it's PAL. A friend of mine in Australia wrote me this. "the game will play on any tv, the game doesnt set the video format. but it wont have the right colours if you play it on the wrong region console.. i have no idea what causes this, but i have attached a photo of my tv running my pal pitfall on my ntsc 2600. looking at the photo, you can clearly see the tree's are not supposed to be pink.. some games may be hard to tell what region if you dont know what the colours

are supposed to be however."

I just checked the game and when things are supposed to be blue, they are green. So, I will be relisting this auction as a PAL cart for a 5 day auction starting tonight. Thanks for your interest. Ken

Here's the new link to the PAL relist if anyone is interested.  Thanks!!   :)

934716[/snapback]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-RARE-MINT-G...itemZ8220440976

;)

P.S. Do you want your $1.20 back? :)

934734[/snapback]

Nah, that's ok. Thanks for your help. Not worth the time transfering money and all. But, don't worry about the game.