IGNORED

Sears Gunslinger picture label

Alex

Glad I could help out,it was just luck finding this Sears picture label cart.Got this one back in the middle of Feb. off of ebay for $4.90.Did not realize what I had until I was updating my Cart Commander files--getting the rarity numbers from Atari Age.Unfortunately the endlabel is torn,so there is no picture of it at the link above.Since these Sears picture label carts are tough to find, I would give them at least a five on the rarity.

My copy of Gunslinger has a damaged end label also. Found it at a flea market. I searched ebay for over a year to replace it with one with a better label. Three Quadrun can show up in one week and it took over a year to find a Gunslinger picture label ! Well, eventually, I'll put the second one on ebay. I'm curious how many other collectors have this picture label version. For as long as it took to "discover" this, my guess is that it is at least as rare as Sears picture Canyon Bomber and Night Driver.

Oh is that rare or something? Because that's the cart I got.

Sorry I don't keep track of rarities or 'label variations' and stuff like that. All I have are the cartridges I bought as a kid. But anyway I couldn't have scanned it anyhow since all my collection is back at home in a box. But yep, I definitely have that Sears Gunslinger.

I used to think all my Sears cartridges were crap because they had the corny artwork and had different names from the original ones I'd see in catalogs etc.

For some reason I like the Sears carts better also. Here's what I have:

Boxed and Gatefold:

CHASE

MATH RACE

TANK PLUS TARGET FUN

SPEEDWAY II

Boxed (regular) StarRaiders(all 3Boxes)

Night Driver

Pac-Man

Stellar Track

Target Fun

Yars' Revenge

Asteroids

Gun Slinger

Missile Command

Maze

Breakaway IV

Loose carts efender, Blackjack, Circus, Cannon Man, Pong Sports, Golf, Demons to Diamonds, Space Invaders, Submarine Commander, and Berzerk. I also have a boxed 6 switch Sears system. Out of all of these games, the Star Raiders game was the hardest to find with all the boxes(I have a second one comming). I have no idea why I am into Sears so much!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: godsey1 ]

Yeah but when you're a kid (remember this is the 70's). You feel kind of ripped off holding a copy of fruity-sounding "Target Fun" when all the catalogs you see say "Air Sea Battle"

Actually I think I said something about this before as it's pretty funny actually. But when I was a kid I swear to god I thought the Sears brand was some cheapo bootleg and felt shafted by my mom who bought me all those Sears brand carts. I was like.. "eh? this is not Atari!!.wtf!?" LOL

Of course luckily I still have them all and my outlook on them has changed obviously