IGNORED

Flashback 1.0 rom

LOL!  He got you on that one John !

935166[/snapback]

Heh, maybe I need to take a break from the board for awhile.

It just seems like there's always a ton of posts asking "how do I do this, how do I do that".

Then there's other posts "listen to my great idea about doing something nifty"

Once in a GREAT while, someone posts "I did this, do you like the pics?"

Then there's a ton of other posts: "Make me one, make me one"

Everyone just wants to talk, hardly anyone ever buckles down in the workshop.

Nobody's going to post it even if they have it. I'm sure they took security measures to prevent someone from dumping it, and the people involved definately wouldn't risk violating NDA's and involvement in future projects by posting it. Plus its not some 25 year old game that hasn't earned money for its owners in decades, its a commercial product still available on store shelfs for a reasonable price.

One thing I am curious of though is if it could be extracted from the Flashback and burned on to a cart, would it work on a standard NES without any futher modifications? Sounds like it should.

Some of us might like to see if we can correct some of the bugs in the FB2 games.

935225[/snapback]

... or swap them out with others that we'd like to have instead. I'd love an FB2 with NTSC Klax built in!

935242[/snapback]

Wow - Klax would of been a GREAT addition to the FB2 library. Anyone know what company owns the rights to Klax? Is it Atari? Maybe there was licensing issues? I would have thought that this would of been the perfect fit for FB2 (not released (NTSC at least), great game, stable, etc.).

Any chance one of the glitchy games could be replaced with this in a future release of the FB2 if there are no legal obstacles?

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
Nobody's going to post it even if they have it. I'm sure they took security measures to prevent someone from dumping it

935887[/snapback]

Only one, no one would pump in money developing a security measure for the NES.

(and doing so would be downright foolish on their part)

What they DID do, was place the rom in epoxy. By doing this you've basically prevented the rom from ever being dumped. Not an added cost, if any thing doing so

SAVED money because there was no pins and case to buy!

(fb1 sucks :P)

Nobody's going to post it even if they have it. I'm sure they took security measures to prevent someone from dumping it

935887[/snapback]

Only one, no one would pump in money developing a security measure for the NES.

(and doing so would be downright foolish on their part)

What they DID do, was place the rom in epoxy. By doing this you've basically prevented the rom from ever being dumped. Not an added cost, if any thing doing so

SAVED money because there was no pins and case to buy!

(fb1 sucks :P)

949072[/snapback]

Actually there are ways to remove the "epoxy", however its not epoxy...

• 4 months later...

I just got an FB1 cheap (two bucks) and after opening it, it looks like the ROM is on a surface-mount daughterboard like the FB2. There are also two glop-tops (presumably the NoaC and mapper), and a surface mount J-lead chip, presumably 8K video RAM. Given that it looks like they went with CHR-RAM only on this, it probably won't take too many NES games without a lot of work.

Has anyone played around with trying to hack this thing? I should "inspire" kevtris to look at it the next time I'm on #rgvc.

Has anyone played around with trying to hack this thing?  I should "inspire" kevtris to look at it the next time I'm on #rgvc.

1030837[/snapback]

Not from what I've heard, but I think Curt indicated in another thread that he had a prototype FB1 wired for NES cartridges at one point. I'd love to see someone add a cartridge slot to the FB1, as has been done with a number of other NOACs already; that would at least give me some reason to begin using mine again.

LOL!   He got you on that one John !

935166[/snapback]

Heh, maybe I need to take a break from the board for awhile.

It just seems like there's always a ton of posts asking "how do I do this, how do I do that".

Then there's other posts "listen to my great idea about doing something nifty"

Once in a GREAT while, someone posts "I did this, do you like the pics?"

Then there's a ton of other posts: "Make me one, make me one"

935248[/snapback]

Those of us who can't do...

Beg those of you who CAN to do it for us. :)

And what exactly does NOAC mean, anyhow?

935248[/snapback]

To be fair, some of us just don't have the time to devote to such projects, as much as we would like. Maybe work or family life distract us (not necessarily a bad thing, of course), or maybe there are other projects that we are more capable of that we have decided to devote our time to, things that could be just as good for the community. None that means that we can't have good ideas that perhaps could be better implemented by someone with the right talent.

And what exactly does NOAC mean, anyhow?

1031616[/snapback]

Nintendo On A Chip. It refers to the design of the Nintendo clones, which basically put all the necessary functionality on a single microchip.