IGNORED

2600 Power Supply

Durandalin

The AC Adapter is a 9v 1 amp

The AC Adapter costs only $3.50 for a brand new one for the Atari from MPJA. The stock number is 12254-PD

You can also find other actual Atari adapters from various places online for the $10 - $20 price range. If you are interested look at My Bookmarks look thru my Games & Accessories section.

• 3 months later...

quote:

The AC Adapter is a 9v 1 amp

The AC Adapter costs only $3.50 for a brand new one for the Atari from MPJA. The stock number is 12254-PD

I decided to check this out and it would appear that this is a Lynx power supply not a 2600 one. Good price for a Lynx power supply though.

I also noticed that they had Atari branded power supplies for the XL/XE computers and 400/800 computers. I wonder where they managed to dig up all those NOS power supplies.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

[ 04-13-2002: Message edited by: Mitch ]

quote:

Originally posted by Mitch:

I decided to check this out and it would appear that this is a Lynx power supply not a 2600 one. Good price for a Lynx power supply though.

I also noticed that they had Atari branded power supplies for the XL/XE computers and 400/800 computers. I wonder where they managed to dig up all those NOS power supplies.

I found out myself recently the end connector is wrong, but didn't know what system it belonged to (Thanks for the Info). Of course for the price they can be easily modified by cutting off the end connector and adding a 1/8" Phono Plug.

MPJA sells the Phono Plug connectors for $0.13 each. So for a few minutes of modifing you get a power supply for $3.63

The price still beats paying $10 - $20 for one

I am not sure where some of these electronic companies are finding supplies. I recently found a place that sells NOS Commodore 64 keyboards for under $5 each.