IGNORED

Synthtracker?

emkay

I've checked this out now this evening, sounds very promising. nice to see more tracker commands in there. I'll have to get under the bonnet with this and really check it out tomorrow.

:D The first of the included demo tracks I loaded in I was actually listening to yesterday on the C64. (Good old Jeroen Tel :cool: ) Also quite interesting and reasonable attempt at recreating a phenomena mod in the examples too.

Edited by Tezz

Hmmm,

afaik the manual says to press Shift-L to load a sound-file. Alas, whenever I typed something in and pressed Return, nothing happened. I used a DOS to load Syntracker of course... (Turbo-DOS XE by Reitershan to be more exact)...

Besides, I am missing a Directory function... as always...

(Sidenote: Whenever you write a tool, a utility or an application, please ALWAYS add a Directory function ! No-one remembers dozens or hundreds of filenames...)

My girlfriend knows the awful Bachus-Naur format (or however it is called, I am no musician). So she can type in some songs, but alas, the program has dozens of other options and settings, that we both do not understand. Maybe an english translation of the polish manual would help here... greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

Looking forward to seeing this devellop, it's good to see a range of commands to use "on line" as in the trackers we have all used for many years on other platforms. Are we going to see some revolutionary new techniques included by Święty (saint) in future versions? hence the "Synth" title?

• 12 years later...

Sorry for digging this out after 13 years, but the development of this tracker has apparently come to a screeching halt.

But back in 2015, the source files (written in xasm) have been released for the tracker and are available here: http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/projects/Synthtracker/

From what I gathered, at this moment it's failing to load files from disks (though it has been reported to work with SDX formatted floppies), and also lacks a player routine.

• Like 2