IGNORED

G.I. Joe in Solaris case, how without screw hole?

Wester

I got this in a large lot today. I haven't tested it yet but the PCB is wedged in the casing, but the screw hole hasn't been ripped( the small tear you see in it is from where I was going to take it apart but changed my mind). I don't know if the PCB is actually G.I. Joe because it sits crooked in the case and I didn't want to screw anything up testing it. It just had a masking tape label going around it that says G.I. Joe on it. Even if it isn't G.I. Joe how would the PCB become so dislodged without the case being taken apart?

Well it is possible to remove a label with a solvent like Undo and then glue it back later. However the masking tape and the crooked PCB would lead one to believe that the surgeon in question wasn't quite that meticulous. Maybe it was a transporter accident.

-S

Uuugghh! I hope that guy isn't a mechanic. Reminds me of a buddy of mine who knew everything about cars. After he was done fixing your vehicle everyhing was held together with scotch tape and gum.

It looks like he peeled the label off with a blow dryer and switched the chips. When it started peeling up again he decided to tape it.

But the label doesn't appear to be peeling at all, strange that he would take the trouble to blow dry it off with intentions of reattaching it just to put the PCB in crooked and too far foreward and the cover the face and end label he tried so hard to save with masking tape.

some kid messed up his GI joe cart, which isnt hard to do with the later snap together parker bros. he then picked up the board and crammed it into that case, probably by prying it on the side with a butter knife. to complete the craptacular job he held it together with masking tape. its not like somebody that dumb would bother replacing the label in a fancy fashion, he didnt need to since he pryed it open sideways instead of unscrewing it

Man that is UGLY. Its a late model case so there are no moving parts inside. I would agree with the butterknife theory. Wonder why they would have even bothered putting it back in a case? I like the bent transistor and cap. My favorite part :)

You truly have a steaming pile of a cart. Now take a REALLY bad picture of it and resell it as "custom.....maybe PrOtO" on ebay with a BIN of 59.00

Cassidy

There are also alot of pal Solaris carts around, it may of been a case of a broken GI Joe casing, and an unusable Solaris cart, so he decided to use it. Would have thought if you're gonna go to the trouble of taping the cart all up like that you would at least poke a hole through the center indention & check for a screw before prying on the sides. Man that's ugly! :lol: