IGNORED

Atari ST Store Demonstation Program?

Tempest

Most demos tended to be OK for showing on ST or Amiga, just as long as there was no bad language included that was on the screen for a long period of time.

The Lost Boys' 'Ooh Crikey What A Scorcher' was a favourite at my local store on ST, whereas for the Amiga it was more like the Red Sector Megademo.

Cheers,

Felice.

Most demos tended to be OK for showing on ST or Amiga, just as long as there was no bad language included that was on the screen for a long period of time.

The Lost Boys' 'Ooh Crikey What A Scorcher' was a favourite at my local store on ST, whereas for the Amiga it was more like the Red Sector Megademo.

Cheers,

Felice.

941027[/snapback]

I remember the Shiny Bubbles demo running at one local dealer. I think the animated bird was the very first demo I saw. Blew me away to watch that kind of animation then.

The Falcon has some amazing demos. When I bought my first Falcon, (drove all the way to an out of state dealer just to get one!) they were running the TINA demo. Jaw-dropping stuff there...all Falcon too. No Amiga "ripoff" or clone at all. :-)

Cheers,

Felice.

941027[/snapback]

I remember the Shiny Bubbles demo running at one local dealer. I think the animated bird was the very first demo I saw. Blew me away to watch that kind of animation then.

The Falcon has some amazing demos. When I bought my first Falcon, (drove all the way to an out of state dealer just to get one!) they were running the TINA demo. Jaw-dropping stuff there...all Falcon too. No Amiga "ripoff" or clone at all. :-)

941074[/snapback]

Wasn't the Amiga an Atari ripoff if you get my meaning :)

If you mean the business deal that fell through at the last moments, I suppose you could say that. :-)

Atari and Amiga actually have a lot of history together.

I mean Jay Miner did so much with the Atari 8bits, then did the Amiga. The Tramiels did so much with the Commodore 8bits then would up doing the ST line... kinda odd how things work out sometimes...

If you mean the business deal that fell through at the last moments, I suppose you could say that. :-)

I mean Jay Miner did so much with the Atari 8bits, then did the Amiga. The Tramiels did so much with the Commodore 8bits then would up doing the ST line... kinda odd how things work out sometimes...

941416[/snapback]

Yeah, that is exactly what I was referring to.

Was there ever a store demonstration program for the Atari ST?  I love to watch these things, but I haven't been able to locate one for the Atari ST (or STE/Falcon).

Tempest

940983[/snapback]

There were actually several demos for the ST. I have a slew of Demo Discs buried in a box in the closet. I'd have to dig through the box to find what all is there, if folks are interested I can do that.

Ok, pulled some of these out tonight.  Most are Atari STE demos.  They include:

Snowman

Fantasia

Acid

Jungle

4 disk STE Color Demo

Music Demo

Deskset II Demo

A disk of Demos for the TT

Falcon030 Demos

Atari TT Demo TTWars

Haven't given them a go yet, but will try to and let y'all know about 'em.

944732[/snapback]

If I was ever gonna run a Falcon demo to attract attention, it would have to be Tony Barkers' "Tina" demo. That just rules.... :-)

941416[/snapback]

941537[/snapback]

Love the 800 and I see shades of the 800 when I was playing with Amigas. :D

941416[/snapback]

941537[/snapback]

Not to hijack this thread, but please don't tell me you're refering to the missinformation about Jack Tramiel supposedly having a deal with Amiga that fell through the last minute. The deal was with Warner Atari, not Atari Corp. and Tramiel.

I remeber the Snowman well, I like it. What are the demos for TT? I have not seen any TT demo. Can you put some images of the disks somewhere?

945724[/snapback]

You bet. I was planning on hosting several files I have on my site in the near future. I haven't tried out the TT demos yet (my TT was buried by the FFL Beta supplies), but I plan to give them a go very soon. Will let you know when I try them out and when I have them up for d/load. :)

I loved the Snowman demo. Great for showing off fullscreen movie-like animation.

As far as store demonstrations, I recall seeing Shiny Bubbles (that seemed to be the most popular), the flying bird demo, the Boing demo, and probably a few others. I also recall when the ST was still new that a lot of stores simply left either Time Bandit or Hex in attract mode (since they were the latest and greatest games for the ST at the time). I remember being enthralled with the graphics at the time... definitely blew my 8-bit away. :)

Edited by Mindfield

• 1 month later...
Any update on this?  I'd love to play with some of those STE and TT demos...

Tempest

963551[/snapback]

Haven't had a chance to do anything with these yet, I've been spending all my hours putting together FFL Beta carts. :) Programming alone is 13 mins per chip with 2 per cart. Ugh! I do plan on doing a large update to my website soon and will include these for d/load for everyone.