IGNORED

Soul Star

edsongodoy

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious... Do you think this will be a free release? Or are you selling this?

Knowing reboot, there will be a free ISO and a reasonably priced, professionally packaged CD, for purchase.

Though I believe there was a warning at the beginning of this thread regarding Core not wanting there IP sold. Perhaps there will only be a free download.

This is only speculation.

Altho reviewing a corrupt version of the game will have no bearing on this version.

You can't do a full review by playing 4 or so levels, unless there is another

non corrupted version out there, which nobody knows about. :)

Yeah it seems a bit daft reviewing this game, surely a 'preview' would have been better? Not that I've read the magazine, but a preview with mention of the work you're doing on the complete game would have been a good idea?

• Like 7

Altho reviewing a corrupt version of the game will have no bearing on this version.

You can't do a full review by playing 4 or so levels, unless there is another

non corrupted version out there, which nobody knows about. :)

Well actually it would. If the game was total crap it wouldn't matter how many levels there were that became available with a non corrupted version. :ponder:

As it stands it looks very promising and a lot of people are crossing their fingers and toes hoping you guys get the complete version out. Sorry that we gave the game a positive plug :ponder:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

As it stands it looks very promising and a lot of people are crossing their fingers and toes hoping you guys get the complete version out. Sorry that we gave the game a positive plug :ponder:

I haven't read the review in the mag. Is it actually a full-on REVIEW or just a summary of initial thoughts of playing the game? If the latter, perhaps labeling it a review was slightly misguided? :?

• 1 month later...

When I got the cd it came with a jaguar dev cd drive and alpine board. I seriously

think that the copy I have is a playtest alpha version. There are a couple of small

bugs still in it but not enough to detract from the game. I did try firing up the

alpine to see if there was anything on it but the battery on it was dead and any

data was long gone. I bought the stuff from a couple of game traders but they didn't

say where they originally got it from, which is a shame.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Been awhile since we heard anything new here.

Got any updates you can share?

Work on the videos is still ongoing. It's getting there slowly

It'll be released this year, don't worry. :)

Hopefully it still happens for us this year. Don't want it to become the dreaded "vaporware"

It won't be - it's just not top priority at the moment. The game is now essentially "complete" and can be played through to 100% completion. There are just some things we want to improve and thoroughly test before releasing.

This is mainly down to the abysmal CD loader bodge used by Core (It's not their fault, it's that retarded "lets use audio tracks for data" decision from Atari) that is unreliable (to say the least) - I'm adding a lot of hash checks so that code and data can be re-loaded if a bad read occurs to prevent crashes.

But, like sh3 said above, it's not a priority. All the "fun" work (for me) on this has already been done now, it's just tedious testing. Which is "not fun" - thus it's priority has slipped :)