IGNORED

Soul Star

edsongodoy

I don't know if you guys know but the game seems to be complete. Once you get past that buggy cpu core part you can play on. I haven't finished the game because it's damn hard and I hadn't enough continues. You have to play on hard to pass that buggy part. After that there are just some minor glitches but the game is all there. I made it to a underwater level and if I remember correctly gunstar made it even further. So unless someone knows better I would say the game is complete just that there are those annoying bugs.

Peter

943276[/snapback]

How exactly do change the difficulty setting?

Dude, I'll just give you a copy.

PM me w/ your details and I'll burn you a disc. :cool:

942868[/snapback]

Hey Saturn,

I hope you don't eat shit for that from somebody here but you are one of the nicest guys around. Rock on :-)

Just had to let it go, when I saw your reply.

By the way I like your reply to what Richard said on the other board. Now that I replied here I don't need to say the same thing over there :-)

Greetings

Peter

942870[/snapback]

If he eats shit for it, I'll defend him. I've given away 3-4 copies to people that want it, for free. I was given a copy once upon a time, and then I payed the $30 for the illegal copies sold on E-bay just to see if there were any differences, but I disliked people selling it for money, so to help put an end to it, I gave copies out to people. I'm only doing it to stick it to the people who are making money off of it illegally, maybe my copying it is illegal, but at least I'm giving it away. Every time I see one up for auction now, I e-mail the bidders and offer them a free copy.

I have spoken to Core Design several times over the past 5 years, even to people who were somewhat familiar with the unpublished Jaguar port, and they were not interested at all. And since the proto of SS has some severe graphics glitches in it which will actually cause the game to crash, I only pressed the issue so far. I knew it would take a ton or work (way more than I did for TC) to try to fix all those problems without source.

So SS remains one of the coolest (but also buggiest) unpublished games for the Jag...

943137[/snapback]

Thanks for trying! It is too bad that SS got shafted so early, I really liked the Sega CD version too.

And thanks to Saturn! :lust:

943219[/snapback]

I don't know if you guys know but the game seems to be complete. Once you get past that buggy cpu core part you can play on. I haven't finished the game because it's damn hard and I hadn't enough continues. You have to play on hard to pass that buggy part. After that there are just some minor glitches but the game is all there. I made it to a underwater level and if I remember correctly gunstar made it even further. So unless someone knows better I would say the game is complete just that there are those annoying bugs.

Peter

943276[/snapback]

Yes, I've made it to the level just after the underwater level on hard, but I have since successfully made it in medium mode too (you choose your difficulty at the 4th stage after destroying the CPU by choosing easy, medium, or hard gateways, hard is the only one that plays through every level, the others are easier and also shorter, skipping a few levels) The game IS all there, you can tell this just by kicking back and watching it go into demo mode over and over and it will go through every third level of the game, and it all checks out with the complete SegaCD version, you can even use the SegaCD versions guide (available on the net) to play the game. It's all there, but unfortunately the bugs were introduced from bad copies of the game, and while a few glitches may be real bugs, most were introduced from bad copies of the game. It takes a great deal of patience and playing many times to finally play once without it crashing, probably one in every ten times you play, you can get past level four and continue; this is due to the bad copies floating around, if we could find the original they were all made from, we'd have a complete game to play, at least as complete as TC or SkyHammer.

Now that would rock, but I still hope that the glitchfree version shows up. It would make the game better to play and one could progress to the later levels also on easy and medium which would make the game easier. It's funny though that normaly I don't play the games directly on hard. Soulstar forces you to do that and it works. You make progress after some tries it's just so frustrating that you have to start all over again when you lost your last continue.....guess in this form I will never finish the game....

Let's hope the good version shows up one day. Or your mentioned codes. Are there any in the sega version?

Peter

943941[/snapback]

The owner of the glitch free version once said that after many many attempts with a lot of different software, no useable copy could be made. :(

944148[/snapback]

So if you know the owner of the bugfree version you maybe can hook him up with someone like Jagmod or someone who knows how to copy that stuff. Well that means if the problem is not that the copy issue is just an excuse for not having to share it or do anything with it. I don't know him so I don't know....it would be really cool if we could have the finished version. Ah well-...

You can choose the difficulty after you defeat the cpu boss. There are three gates but as I said in my version only the hard gate works. Gunstar said he also made it to other levels so maybe I have to try it again but it was so frustrating for me to always crash so i took the (easier) harder way....uh do I make sense?

Peter

You can choose the difficulty after you defeat the cpu boss. There are three gates but as I said in my version only the hard gate works. Gunstar said he also made it to other levels so maybe I have to try it again but it was so frustrating for me to always crash so i took the (easier) harder way....uh do I make sense?

Peter

944436[/snapback]

Yes, it makes perfect sense. I will try it once Saturn's copy gets to my grubby hands. Thanks again Saturn, you are the man! :cool:

Peter

944436[/snapback]

Yes, it makes perfect sense. I will try it once Saturn's copy gets to my grubby hands. Thanks again Saturn, you are the man! :cool:

944454[/snapback]

No problem bro! :cool:

Now that would rock, but I still hope that the glitchfree version shows up. It would make the game better to play and one could progress to the later levels also on easy and medium which would make the game easier. It's funny though that normaly I don't play the games directly on hard. Soulstar forces you to do that and it works. You make progress after some tries it's just so frustrating that you have to start all over again when you lost your last continue.....guess in this form I will never finish the game....

Let's hope the good version shows up one day. Or your mentioned codes. Are there any in the sega version?

Peter

943941[/snapback]

The owner of the glitch free version once said that after many many attempts with a lot of different software, no useable copy could be made. :(

944148[/snapback]

So if you know the owner of the bugfree version you maybe can hook him up with someone like Jagmod or someone who knows how to copy that stuff. Well that means if the problem is not that the copy issue is just an excuse for not having to share it or do anything with it. I don't know him so I don't know....it would be really cool if we could have the finished version. Ah well-...

Peter

944436[/snapback]

Wow, I could never even make it past level three. The game always crashed while I was inside the mothership. (or whatever it is)

I'll just keep trying.. :love:

Peter

943941[/snapback]

944148[/snapback]

Peter

944436[/snapback]

Wow, I could never even make it past level three. The game always crashed while I was inside the mothership. (or whatever it is)

I'll just keep trying.. :love:

944628[/snapback]

Yeah sometimes it crashes in there but after you made it out of that thing I did not have one crash anymore and I just died because I ran out of lifes on the underwater thing. The good thing with the crashes is, that it doesn't just hang up but you loose a life and can start the level again. Makes it less frustrating....

Peter

• 2 months later...

Peter

943941[/snapback]

944148[/snapback]

I would bet my Jaguar collection this person never tried NTI Platinum copier. It would copy it no problem.

[quote name=Saturn' date='Wed Oct 5, 2005 4:37 If he eats shit for it, I'll defend him. I've given away 3-4 copies to people that want it, for free. I was given a copy once upon a time, and then I payed the $30 for the illegal copies sold on E-bay just to see if there were any differences, but I disliked people selling it for money, so to help put an end to it, I gave copies out to people. I'm only doing it to stick it to the people who are making money off of it illegally, maybe my copying it is illegal, but at least I'm giving it away. Every time I see one up for auction now, I e-mail the bidders and offer them a free copy.

944309[/snapback]

If I had the means to make copies, I would happily do the same.

I look at the buggy copy of Soulstar I have as a demo at best. Give people the demo, they will be clamouring to buy the better copy when it is released. :)

Oh wow a unfinished unofficial release for the jag cd. :roll:

If your reading comprehension was up to par, you'd have noticed that the Jag version IS complete, but the only available copies of it are slightly corrupted.

998241[/snapback]

Oh really where? :roll:

All I found about it by googling is that was never completed, and that there are some buggy pirate copies floating around for the jag cd.

As far as I know the unbuggy version was bought for about £800 about 3 years ago & it is about 98% done. The owner bought it to the first Jagfest UK, but I was playinf on something else while he was showing the disk, so I never actually got to see it running, even though the screen was no more than 5ft in front of me!

Gaztee

:twisted:

As far as I know the unbuggy version was bought for about £800 about 3 years ago & it is about 98% done. The owner bought it to the first Jagfest UK, but I was playinf on something else while he was showing the disk, so I never actually got to see it running, even though the screen was no more than 5ft in front of me!

Gaztee

:twisted:

998615[/snapback]

So did that person try to get the rights to it or something?

Peter