IGNORED

ATARI130XE BASED Genlock Message Generator

doncleth

Any idea what this is?

Genlock Message Generator.ATARI130XE BASED?+multiplexer

You are looking at a Channel Plus Genlock message generator from Multiplex Technology INC, it is model number GLM-1.00, and appears to be based on an ATARI 130XE computer system. Also included is a multiplexer module. The instructions say that the GLM1.00 provides an overlay of changing or fixed messages over any video source ie.satellite reciever,VCR,CCTV camera or computer. The Multiplexer that is included is a multi-channel, frequency-agile modulator system with a built-in loop-through combiner-it will accept video inputs from VCR's,videodisk players,satellite recievers and CCTV cameras:- there are 3 video inputs with corresponding left and right audio inputs, and there is also an "ftype" output and antenna plug on the back of the multiplexer. I have not thoroughly tested this unit as i do not have the time to connect everything together, however the computer powers on with a red light visible-but this may not indicate a working unit so it is being sold as UNTESTED. I am not sure if this is straight out based on an atari 130XE, but it is very similar(except that the RF port is not used). There are a few cables included as well as a switch box of sorts(as the picture shows).Power supplies for both the computer unit and the multiplexer are included.

These types of systems were used as kisok displays or for the little info channel scrolls on cable TV.

I picked up a bunch of similar 800XL and 800 units that had been used in tourist kisoks to overlay directions to hotels and restraunts over a videotape playing footage of local sights.

If it doesnt come with a cartridge that has teleprompter software on it, the internal BASIC rom might be replaced with an eprom version of the software.

Steve