IGNORED

SO WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT?

mad4jaguk

Gorf Classic should be available sooner than you expect. It's in the hands of the beta testers as we speak and is getting a thorough running-through.

Mad Bodies is getting ever closer to release as well, not to mention Mighty Frog, Gorf Pluz and Gorf 3D...

Gorf Classic should be available sooner than you expect. It's in the hands of the beta testers as we speak and is getting a thorough running-through.

Mad Bodies is getting ever closer to release as well, not to mention Mighty Frog, Gorf Pluz and Gorf 3D...

946421[/snapback]

A new Shmup, two classic arcade titles, and an arcade update! Something to look forward to, and keep the hungry cat fed.

:)

My Jaguars are roaring out a "Thank you" to everyone that keeps this community alive, and well.

946421[/snapback]

So you are saying that Gorf Classic will be released seperately from Gorf Pluz and 3D? I thought it was all going to be on one cart/cd like all the other classic updates, e.g. T2k, D2k, BO2k, Missle Command 3D, etc.

Steve just posted this over at JSII

Concerning The Gorf Trilogy....

We have decided to release Gorf Classic, Gorf Plus and Gorf3D seperately.

for the following reasons....

A) We dont want you to wait for completed games anymore!

Three releases mean more to shell out but also means

much more value..Here's why......

To fit all three on one cart at the sizes they are now would

Require a 6 meg cart costing close to the same as all three.

Classic with ALL sounds AND voices and GRAPHICS = 2M.

Gorf Plus is roughly 12 megabytes of code and data before

compression by itself. It just barely compresses under 2

megs now and it still not finished.

Gorf 3D will need MUCH more room if the hope of music to

be realized. 4 megs compressed for sure.

C) No dramatic cutting back many levels and some excellent

art by Terrance and MANY SFX eliminated if jammed on the

same cart.

D) Both Plus and 3D as of now have way more than five levels

if kept seperate. This would mean only the five levels for

each game, instead of the many new levels we have planned.

E) You would be waiting for all three till Gorf 3D is done and that

will be a while from now as 3D will be a killer app for the

Jaguar much more so if kept seperate. It will be a bit before

it's completion.

F) Three releases to look foward to instead of one. Each one

Will be a killer value.

Gorf Classic: on CD COMMING VERY VERY SOON!

Gorf Pluz: cart with bonus CD

Gorf 3D: cart with bonus CD(s)

So keep your eyes peeled here for the announcement of Classic.

Kevin Manne will make the officail announcement when the time comes.

Gorf classic......

There will be 50 numbered special editions to JS II MEMBERS ONLY, EVER!

1 PER PERSON! FISRT COME FIRST SERVE. WE DONT WANT TO HEAR IT.

We will make a slightly larger run of Normal edition CD's for everyone else interested after the first 50 orders.

There are roughly 50 folks here who are diehard regulars and it is those folks we hope get one of the first 50 special editions.

This is our way of saying thanks to the members of JSII And thier support.

The cost of the Gorf Classic CD will be between $29.95 and $34.95

Its in the Gorf thread in the Exclusives section. There is no list - AFAIK it will be first-come, first served once the announcement is made.

946909[/snapback]

Interesting, how many posts are needed to get to the Executives section in JS2?

I was wondering why the sudden pop in new users on JSII.  I guess I know why.   ;)

947021[/snapback]

lol!

947022[/snapback]

I'm not new, I popped in when the Tiny Toones pictures were mentioned... well the second or third time. :D

Hi peryton99 and Paolo!

I am waiting for StarCat to finish thier Eerievale game. It looks to be intresting....

Yeah, Lars has been tooooomuch quiet this week...  :D

Thanks. I'm still working hard on Eerievale in every free minute I can find.

However when it comes to posting, I think you won't see too many posts by myself in the coming time.

My study recently started and I am out of the house for 12 hours a day (studying and travelling by train), so you can probabbly imagine how exhausting it is and how little time if left for other things.

So I can mainly work on Eerievale on weekends or in holidays now. At least I can use the time of the train rides to do some research and make notes on ideas for the game. Which means that it's at least not wasted time.

Anyway. Just wanted to say, that I'm still working hard on it and I am quite sure it will be worth the waiting time. :)

Regards, Lars.

Hi peryton99 and Paolo!

I am waiting for StarCat to finish thier Eerievale game. It looks to be intresting....

Yeah, Lars has been tooooomuch quiet this week...  :D

Thanks. I'm still working hard on Eerievale in every free minute I can find.

However when it comes to posting, I think you won't see too many posts by myself in the coming time.

My study recently started and I am out of the house for 12 hours a day (studying and travelling by train), so you can probabbly imagine how exhausting it is and how little time if left for other things.

So I can mainly work on Eerievale on weekends or in holidays now. At least I can use the time of the train rides to do some research and make notes on ideas for the game. Which means that it's at least not wasted time.

Anyway. Just wanted to say, that I'm still working hard on it and I am quite sure it will be worth the waiting time. :)

Regards, Lars.

948813[/snapback]

That's good to hear. I know about a lack of time myself. As for my anticipation of the game, sure, I'm wanting to play it, but the truth is that I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the engine/adventure "kit" so I can use it to start making my own graphic adventure. I am working on some story and artwork already. I do hope you still intend to release this "adventure kit" for us non-programmers so we can get more, similiar graphic adventure goodness on the Jag besides Eerievale. I beg you not to deny me, as I've already accepted some shocking disappointment in the loss of Star Alliance... :sad:

Edited by Gunstar

Hi Gunstar!

That's good to hear. I know about a lack of time myself. As for my anticipation of the game, sure, I'm wanting to play it, but the truth is that I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the engine/adventure "kit" so I can use it to start making my own graphic adventure. I am working on some story and artwork already. I do hope you still intend to release this "adventure kit" for us non-programmers so we can get more, similiar graphic adventure goodness on the Jag besides Eerievale.

That's good to hear. The Jaguar really needs good adventure games and it would be amazing if more games followed.

From my own experience I can tell you though, to make a good graphic adventure game, the game engine is not needed up to the point when you put the finished parts together. Afterall the engine can not help you with storywriting, graphics, sound or game design.

Yes, I still plan to release the adventure engine once it is done, but until that happens, you don't have to wait with working on your project. You stated already, that you started on story and artwork, so you are on the right way I think.

I know if you don't have a game engine to try your ideas on, it seems like you couldn't really progress. That's what I originally thought too and that was the reason why the first thing I created was the first version of the adventure engine. Even before I had an idea for a game that would use the engine.

Now, looking back, I think this feeling of not being able to develop an adventure further without without the engine, is just a protective reaction to keep the the difficult work of creating an adventure from scratch away from you as long as possible. Probably very similar to the way a writer might feel when he has loads of empty pages in front of him and that feeling just slowly dissapears once he jumps into the cold water and starts writing (or developing the game in this case). At least that's my person experience.

Also, in case you haven't done this yet, I highly suggest creating a detailed design document for the project. It's absolutely essential to plan your game properly and also very useful to write all your ideas down, because even if you think, you could keep them in mind, at some point you tend to forget tiny ideas that might prove useful later.

Regards, Lars.