IGNORED

WTB McDonalds Monopoly GamePiece Medeterranean Ave

BTHOTU

I hope you are kidding about not being video-game related.

Do you all remember the McDonald's Olympic game in the 80s. When Russia boycotted the games, the U.S. won so many medals and it meant lots of free food! Ah - the days when the metabolism was higher and I could eat unlimited Big Macs and fries.

This is stolen from Fatwallet. A lot of people are mailing in request. If you have the time and stamps you can get a lot of pieces this way. Some people have sent in over 1000 request. WARNING: While supplies last!

To request a Game Piece without buying something at McD0nald's, persons in the United States, Guam & Saipan may mail a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage and their return address (name, street address, city, state, country, and zip code) legibly printed thereon to: Mon0poly B3st Chance Game 3.0 at McD0nald's, Game Piece Request, P.O. Box 49519, Strongsville, OH, 44149. Return postage may be omitted on requests that are mailed to a return address located in Vermont. DO NOT SEND POTENTIAL WINNING GAME STAMPS, COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Participants may submit as many Game Piece requests as they desire, but each request must be mailed in a separate outer envelope. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, are photocopied, are mechanically reproduced or are not mailed in separate outer envelopes will NOT be honored. One (1) Game Piece and One (1) Chance Piece will be mailed in response to each request, while supplies last. Mail-in requests must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2005, and received no later than November 7, 2005. If the Game runs long in restaurants, these dates are subject to a corresponding extension.

Each "Chance" Piece you receive (1 per request) is guaranteed to be worth $1 at B3st Buy. There is a 1/3 chance that it will be worth $3.

That means, if you send in 3 requests, at a cost to you of 74 cents each, you will spend $2.22. In return you will receive (on average) $5 to spend at B3st Buy. The cost of each request is only 37 cents for Vermont residents, so the deal is even sweeter for you. Of course, you can also get these game pieces by eating at McD0nald's. You're either going to spend a lot of time hand-writing SASE's, or you're going to spend a lot of time and money eating at McD0nalds.....YWMV.

You are allowed to redeem a maximum of $3 per DVD or CD, but according to the rules, you can redeem up to $300 in B3st Buy Bucks on other items. The expiration date for these bucks is December 3, 2005.

This means, for an average cost of $133.20, you'll have $300 bucks off your purchases of game software, accessories, TV's, etc.

Here are the risks:

Your requests could get lost in the mail.

Your local B&M store may be out of stock when you go, leaving you with too much money to spend on just controllers and games.

In addition to the bucks, you'll get additional Mon0poly game pieces which you can collect to win, or play online.

Can we please keep this forum Atari-related, or at least video games & computers?

947135[/snapback]

Can we please keep this forum Atari-related, or at least video games & computers?

947135[/snapback]

NO!

On that note, anyone have any working-gloves for sale? :)

Oh, and get that man his McD piece.

947159[/snapback]

LMAO... :D !

*Wanted*-----#1, Supersized with a Coke!!!

:P ;)

Not a bad deal to get the Best Buy bucks.

So I have to get an envelope addressed to them with another envelope inside that is Self-Addressed?

My only real question is what items could I spend $300 in Best Buy bucks on.. or spend a lot on. I'd get a new video card and sound card for my computer.

"Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Bose® audio products, DIRECTV service, Apple® products, satellite radio service, Cinema Systems, pay-as-you-go wireless phones, HP ink and paper, taxes, state fees, installation fees, third-party purchases, special order items, Performance Service Plans, and Product Replacement Plans."

Wonder if they consider a video card "video game hardware" since technically I can use it just for other purposes.

Edited by yuppicide

Ok, I have to wonder about this - clearly this is the winning (and therefor rare) game piece. If I've got the winning piece, why the heck would I sell it/give it away? If I did sell it, it would be 300 bucks or so, or whatever the ballpark is for an Ipod. At that point you might as well just go . .. oh, I dont know - buy an ipod and eliminate the middle man.

Kind of like the folks who offer to share their Park Place if you give cut them in with your Boardwalk. My ass - I'll just go drop 500 bucks at McDs on fries until I get the common one and then keep the whole million myself.