IGNORED

Odd Activision Patch

cvga

Here's another item I ran across while getting prepared to move. All of the star master patches I've seen other than this one look like the patch on the right. I don't remember where I got the patch on the left although I vaguely recall a thread where someone else found a similar patch. Does anyone have additional information on this? Is it an early patch, proto patch, or maybe just a hobbiest's creation?

starmast.jpg

I never got any cool patches from Activision.

I kept sending in scores, but all they sent me was this:

dubious_merit.jpg

950785[/snapback]

I LOVE it! I want one too please :D

Anyway, back to the Starmaster patch question. The more detailed one on the left is indeed a legitimate Activision patch. They are extremely rare from what I understand. The only other one that I have seen was the one owned by Todd Rogers. He can give you more info on it, if you want.

Cool find! :lust:

Todd said there was a patch that was given out to people who held all 4 starmaster variation world records at the same time. At the time I'd never heard of this specialty patch. I thought Todd would be the only one to have held all 4 records, but he evidently never held all 4 at the time any newsletters went to the publisher.

Greetings,

You are correct I did say that Activision gave me that jacket for holding ALL of the StarMaster records at the same time and I also have said on a number of occasions that Activision did not publish some of my records probably due to lag time on the post production of their newsletters.

But that is fine to I had made plenty of records right in front of them that were never mentioned in the newsletters such as Oink, Pressure Cooker and KeyStone Kapers.

The jacket that was given to me has the StarMaster Special patch on one sleave and on the other sleave another patch from the Astronaught Neil Armstrong who I met in the 1980's of a Space Shuttle . I hope this sheds a little light on the StarMaster Patch.

-Todd Mr. Activision Rogers

post-1920-1129783792_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Todd,

Thanks for the info! Is it true that there's only a handful of these then? I didn't even know it was authentic let alone so rare. What a great story!

Nathan,

That may be the funniest letter I've ever read :lol: If those patches are ever available, I'd love to get one!

That may be the funniest letter I've ever read :lol: If those patches are ever available, I'd love to get one!

Thanks... and I'd be happy to give you one if I could, but it only exists in Photoshop. :)

If someone ever wants to make real ones, I'd be glad to give them the artwork.

Edited by Nathan Strum

This makes me wonder how one can go about custom-making and ordering patches like those Activision ones. For example, it would be cool if AtariAge could sell patches branded with its logo. Or a homebrew author could make available patches related to his game.

ADDENDUM:

I just did a Froogle search and turned up this link:

http://www.united-states-flag.com/cupa2x3.html

Apparently there are lots of other businesses online that will make a custom patch for you.

Edited by TheWriteDude

This makes me wonder how one can go about custom-making and ordering patches like those Activision ones. For example, it would be cool if AtariAge could sell patches branded with its logo. Or a homebrew author could make available patches related to his game.

ADDENDUM:

Apparently there are lots of other businesses online that will make a custom patch for you.

952898[/snapback]

That's probably where this guy got all his duplicate Acti patches from :ponder: :twisted:

ADDENDUM:

952898[/snapback]

That's probably where this guy got all his duplicate Acti patches from :ponder: :twisted:

952905[/snapback]

Hmmm, that does make me wonder now. How difficult would it be to duplicate the old Activision patches using these custom patchmaking services?

It's been done already for Star Fire. I think that there were patches for the first few rounds of the High Score Club too, but I'm not certain.

It's been done already for Star Fire. I think that there were patches for the first few rounds of the High Score Club too, but I'm not certain.

953395[/snapback]

Lee's wife did the high score patches herself. I assume the Star Fire patches were done by a similar company though.

• 2 weeks later...