IGNORED

Ballpark estimate for a 7800 collection...

DamienC

I have a huge 7800 collection. However, I also am a poor college student and need $$$ badly (finally moving out of the house, need $900 for a security deposit, etc.). I've been pondering whether or not I want to sell it.

So anyways, I'm interested in what I could get for my collection. Here's what I have:

http://home.comcast.net/~damienmc/7800.txt

Basically I have every game except Tank Command, in various states of completeness.

That is nice but I don't think you'll get $500 for it. That seems high to me. I'd guess more around $350 for the high side. I'm no expert, actually just started collecting for it myself but as I've been making some deals and looking at prices, $500 just seems too high.

Good luck, I hope you get a lot for it :)

I'd say $500 to $750 for a complete collection all CIB, but for Damien's collection above, probably closer to $350 as Joey said. There have been a couple complete, or virtually complete CIB collections up in the past few months, and they only sold for around the $500 mark.

If that's your only collection of Atari, I think I'd hold on to it, assuming you play it :ponder: Even if you could get $500 for it all, how far does that get you? You are gonna be needing money on a monthly basis. Selling off a collection that took years or even only months, is still a sad thing to part with, if for only a month's rent. I'd recommend keeping it, and raise the money some other way. Even if that means living at the same place a couple months longer.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd say $500 to $750 for a complete collection all CIB, but for Damien's collection above, probably closer to $350 as Joey said. There have been a couple complete, or virtually complete CIB collections up in the past few months, and they only sold for around the $500 mark.

If that's your only collection of Atari, I think I'd hold on to it, assuming you play it  :ponder:  Even if you could get $500 for it all, how far does that get you? You are gonna be needing money on a monthly basis. Selling off a collection that took years or even only months, is still a sad thing to part with, if for only a month's rent. I'd recommend keeping it, and raise the money some other way. Even if that means living at the same place a couple months longer.

956573[/snapback]

A complete collection with boxes and everything would get $500. I know Alien Brigade, Tank Command, Title Match Pro Wrestling, Mean 18, Planet Smashers can get $40-$80 each when they are boxed. The more common games you are lucky to get $5 each boxed. I think my complete collection cost me about $600. I'm still missing the boxes for Tank Command and Title Match though. I also have the customized NTSC version of Sentinel and Klax.

The other thing to consider is the cost of shipping. I was very lucky to buy several of the games from O'sheas when they were still $.80 each. I also bought many of the harder to find games in lots on ebay. I would keep the games I needed and sell or trade the others.

Tell ya the same thing I told someone else:

If you're gonna use it to pay bills, I won't even make an offer.

I lost 255 Atari 2600 games a while back along with two woody consoles, wireless joysticks, two trak balls, power stick, booster grip, all manuals, comic books, and overlays for every game in the collection including Star Trek and Basic Programming, two keyboards, Guardian, Final Approach, a complete set of all Starpath released titles, many R7 titles, three sets of...

Need I say more?

You'll regret losing it. Now I won't trade back what I've got now to replace it all (Now I've got many of those games, plus half the 7800 library), but losing it really sucked.

Don't sell. Period.

If I had the kind of money you needed, I'd rather give it to you than buy your collection with it.

Both my brother and I worled through college, and neither of us ever had loans.

My brother went for four years with no lonas and no financial aid. He worked two jobs sometimes, plus classes, and usually worked in return for room and board. He graduated with his bachelor's degree.

Me, I took some military and some civilian college classes. The Navy paid most of my scholing, and I paid about $200 total for books. I've got enough credits for a master's degree from the School of Hard Knocks.

School can be worked through, but it's tough.