Thought some of you might find this interesting...:D

http://www.atariage.com/pipermail/stella/2...ber/014508.html

I used this to dump Caverns of Mars, which to my surprise was a 16k game

(which required that I change my cart dumper to download all 16k and switch

banks where needed.)

And, as I suspected, after stepping through the kernel in Stella 2.0, I've

found that the kernel is just awful.  You can tell this game was written in

two months by a programmer who had never made a 2600 game before...  But it

is less annoying to play on an emulator nonetheless.

Next step is to get Yars' Return, which is totally unplayable on my

television.  Maybe I'll actually be able to enjoy the game on an emulator.

EDIT:

:dunce: Fred already posted this. Oh well, it probably deserves it's own thread. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Edited by vdub_bobby
  • Like 1

• 13 years later...
7 hours ago, Europatari said:

just go to planetemu.net

here you have the fb2 exclusive games

Yes they do have all which were not available prior to the FB 2, most all are usually not in of the rom compilations I've found.  The only one I was unsure of was Return to Haunted House, which I think they list as Haunted House (old graphics hack of Adventure).

Adventure II (homebrew)

Arcade Asteroids (hack)

Arcade Pong (paddle version)

Asteroids Deluxe (exclusive)

Caverns of Mars (exclusive)

Lunar Lander (exclusive)

Return to Haunted House (homebrew)

Space Duel (exclusive)

Yars' Return (exclusive)

• Like 1

Seriously, it's not hard, and I don't know french.  Click Recherche -- box pops up, type in flashback, hit enter.  Main page loads your search, it's at the very bottom.  I didn't know they did get dumped, but I do have access to the original flashback set that in part got used in those centipede basic fun walmart cabinets.

If you have Google Chrome (and you should), just right click on the page and do Translate to English.  Apparently these were dumped 7 years ago, and even I somehow missed them.  There's even threads here that mention it.  Oddly, Smoke Monster I guess missed them too, as they were never in his "Everdrive Pack."  Not sure if Rom Hunter has them in his?

I still have the FB 2, because At Games has yet to release a superior model (IMO).  Last night I confirmed they all work on a Harmony. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I also have the issues with Frogger and Space Invaders downloaded from my FB X deluxe. So what is it? Some arcade versions? Is anyone able to run it at some emulator?

Btw, I am searching for the Flashback 2-9 games, any idea where I can find them except buying those consoles? I do not know yet if FB X deluxe contains all the Flashback exclusive games.

They're not Atari 2600 games, Wizzard. They're AtGames commissioned ports that have been programmed to run natively on the AtGames hardware and are 100% pointless to dump and attempt to play on any Atari 2600 emulator or via a multicart on an Atari 2600. 

Below are the Atari 2600 ports of Frogger and Space Invaders.

Frogger (Parker Brothers)

s_Frogger_2.png

The Official Frogger (Starpath)

s_FroggerTheOfficial_2.png

Space Invaders (Atari)

s_SpaceInvaders_3.png

If you want to play versions of both games that resemble the AtGames recreations instead of these Atari 2600 ports, just download the original arcade roms and MAME. The AtGames efforts are meant to replicate these and you'll get a better experience since there are issues with the AtGames ports of both arcade games (Like the lack of music in Frogger that AtGames was unwilling to license or bother substitute with alternate background music like Konami themselves does these days).

Edited by Atariboy