IGNORED

Halloween defective cart series ?

Cybertom

Hi @ all,

these days i got my copy of Halloween from Wizard :love: and as all of my games i tested it instantly :)

I've noticed some very bad looking blocks/shadows/ghostings (not sure how to say - see picture for details) and my first thought was - damned cart defective :(

But yesterday i found a picture on ebay that showed a screenshot from the game that has the same artifacts in the picture like my copy. Now i wondered if there was a defective run of carts and maybe it has something to do with the "no label" Versions ?

Maybe the manufacturer of the game had noticed the problem and fixed some carts that they had on stock by opening them and maybe resolder a resistor or whatever !?

Would be interesting if someone of you can test a no label cart and of course all others with label too :)

greetings

Tom

post-1574-1130173777_thumb.jpg

I've noticed some very bad looking blocks/shadows/ghostings (not sure how to say - see picture for details) and my first thought was - damned cart defective

Looks like rf interference...have you tried using another console or possibly moving the console as far from the tv as possible? Sometimes jiggling the cable helps clear it up.

I think the reason for the few responses to this is that most people don't have a labeless Halloween cart. I've never heard of a defect with the labeless Halloween cart so hopefully it is just interference afterall. Hope you get it working, it's one of my favorite games seeing as how I'm a horror and 2600 fanatic. :evil: Let us know if you get it working.

I don't know what difference the label/non-label part of it makes, the picture you are using is of the labeled version. My copy, also labeled does the same thing, but I didn't really notice it playing, just in demo mode as the colors change a few screens show up just like that. Some of the others aren't as bad.

Hi guys,

i'm absolutely sure these are no RF interferences also no bad cable. I can say that for sure because i have a well working ntsc console and all other ntsc games doesn't have that strange patterns on the screen (but they have interferences for sure) !

Also the patterns don't move on the screen - they are static and on the same position (on my copy and on the one pictured on ebay).

That's why i think the pattern comes definately from the cart and that the non labeled versions are maybe fixed PCBs that they don't relabel after repairing !?

I thought this could be interesting to find out but it seems nobody really cares :?

greetings

Tom