IGNORED

Vintage movie homebrew ideas

pumbaaj

MANOS: The Game Of Fate. It consists of a ten minute long pointless driving portion, then it goes into the Master's house, where you have to find your daughter and the dog. There are only two rooms. Then from there, a game where Torgo tries to feel up each of the Master's wives before they awaken. And finally, it ends with a staring contest between the hero and the Master.

Guaranteed boredom!

Dang, I was going to mention Manos.... :sad:

I wonder if Godzilla could be made into a game? Something along the lines of Rampage, maybe. I'd like to see a scrolling type game, where Godzilla would have to destroy 100% of a city before he can move up a level. But there would have to be fire breath, little jet aircraft, tiny tanks, and those giant truck mounted rayguns that were in all the Godzilla movies, but they never had any effect against him. And you'd have to battle other monsters like King Ghidora and Mecha Godzilla and so on.

Dang, I was going to mention Manos....  :sad:

I wonder if Godzilla could be made into a game? Something along the lines of Rampage, maybe. I'd like to see a scrolling type game, where Godzilla would have to destroy 100% of a city before he can move up a level. But there would have to be fire breath, little jet aircraft, tiny tanks, and those giant truck mounted rayguns that were in all the Godzilla movies, but they never had any effect against him. And you'd have to battle other monsters like King Ghidora and Mecha Godzilla and so on.

955047[/snapback]

It's been done, but not for the 2600: The Movie Monster Game, or its predecessor Crush, Crumble & Chomp, both by Epyx. Made for Commodore 64, Apple II, Atari computers, etc. I think about the only things mentioned that you couldn't do in those was battle other monsters, or 100% destroy a city. But there were several cities (no moving up levels, though).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Dang, I was going to mention Manos....  :sad:

955047[/snapback]

I think something more kid-friendly would be Gamera.

I have always thought the movie Black Hole needed a VCS game and how about Dark Crystal?

960659[/snapback]

I saw both of those in theater. I guess I'm gettin old.

Pardon me for asking the obvious....but did anyone do "A Nightmare on Elm Street?" I think Freddy would look cool on the 2600. Very colorful with that sweater.

That Rankin/Bass version of "The Hobbit" would be kinda cool as well.

A Clockwork Orange.  :twisted:

961365[/snapback]

Someone could hack Beat 'em & Eat 'em to reproduce the the murder scene where the main character bludgeons the woman to death with the oversized phallic statue.

Then to recreate the re-education experience, the game will force the player to endure a level of VCS pacman every time he hurts someone. :cool:

Airplane... 1941... Damnation Alley... Cherry 2000...

Deliverence... lmao

and just to have some that would prolly equal Pac Man in awfulness... ANY Jerry Lewis movie after his Dean Martin days. lol

The first line of movies up there would prolly make good or at least very weird games.

I second Logans Run and The Jerk.("I don't need money,fame,or women, but I need this stapler")There should be a bonus for catching his dog, named 'shithead',because it always ran away from him.

How about Mad Max?A driving screen and a thunderdome screen?

How about the Kentucky Fried Movie? It would have simple action sequences, like remembering all the safety devices in a car or knowing how to induce headaches in people...:lol:

...it would have the adult genre with Catholic High School girls in Trouble... :lust:

...and it would have the all-out important kick-ass action competitions with A fistful of Yen! :D

This movie is begging for the videogame treatment!!! ;)

I am in the concept stage of a "Blue Velvet" game right now.

From the manual:

"Don't be a good neighbor to her. I'll send you a love letter straight from my heart, f--ker. Do you know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a f--kin' gun, f--ker. If you receive a love letter from me, you are f--ked forever. Do you understand, f--k? I'll send ya straight to Hell, f--ker!"

The 1930's version of King Kong would be a great game to see turned into a homebrew.  The official King Kong game by Tigervision was a sad travesty of a great title  ;)

962656[/snapback]

Well, Rampage is basically King Kong. Ok, not really if you want to be faithful to the movie, but it's close enough for a 2600 game!