IGNORED

Ikari Warrios and Motorodeo why the price drop?

kyle

I dont think we have a number yet on how many have turned up of each so far with auctions and CGE i would say around---

Someone @ CGE had 10 of each?

Atari age member had 10 or so of each?

so far around 15 motorodeo on ebay? Anyone have a better tally?

Around 10 Ikari ebay so far?

I really would like a estimate if everyone wants to commment if they are not so pissed off at how much they were worth.

Now the dumb selles are lowering the price to compete against each other just to sell them as fast as they can. This is not like Osheas with those games so i think the market will die up soon. I hope!

I dont think we have a number yet on how many have turned up of each so far with auctions and CGE i would say around---

Someone @  CGE had 10 of each?

Atari age member had 10 or so of each?

so far around 15 motorodeo on ebay? Anyone have a better tally?

Around 10 Ikari ebay so far?

I really would like a estimate if everyone wants to commment if they are not so pissed off at how much they were worth.

Now the dumb selles are lowering the price to compete against each other just to sell them as fast as they can. This is not like Osheas with those games so i think the market will die up soon. I hope!

955554[/snapback]

I think your numbers are just about correct, it certainly isn't the end of the world. Let's say 50 each, that'll still leave 150 out of 200 collectors without a copy. I think those guys are a bit stupid for dropping the prices so quickly.

If you lived in Brazil and had just dropped $500 on a box of 20 old Atari games, being promised a return of nearly $500 each or 20x, you'd be anxious to get a few back up for sell too no? Then you start selling and see the number of competitors increasing by the day, and the prices droping.. It's like gambling, do you hold'em or fold'em.. Right now you have alot of sellers folding. And maybe they are wise to do so, if there are thousands down there, prices will never go back up.

Should this just be a small find, couple hundred of each title or less, then the ones that are holding will be glad they did in a few years.

I don't think they will ever be $500+ but if the well dries up, they could be $300+ titles again, maybe $400+ on a given night between two future hardcore collectors.

Multiple copies of the Ikari's and Motorodeo's are also being sold to something like the top 5 to 10 bidders on these ebay items as well.

955604[/snapback]

This is the very first post on Atari Age from the most crazy Ebay seller of Atari games in the history of video games? What's your point? That really there are over 1000?

I read it three times & don't understand what he's talking about.

Is this nfarj posting above?  I recall his $3000 Ikari warrior auctions, doesn't look as if he'll ever see one sell that high again. ;)

955618[/snapback]

I read it once, it means that second chance offers are being sent out to multiple people on the previous auctions. Makes perfect sense.

It's not nfarj, he is in Michigan, this guy is posting from Tacoma, Washington.

I read it once, it means that second chance offers are being sent out to multiple people on the previous auctions. Makes perfect sense.

Oh that makes sense, but I don't know if I believe it.. maybe I should start tossing $20 token bids on all of the future NR .99 cent opening auctions. :grin:

It's not nfarj, he is in Michigan, this guy is posting from Tacoma, Washington.

955637[/snapback]

This much is a relief!

I'm not nfarj. I'm just a sucker who payed too much for Motorodeo and found out later :(

I only had to email the same guy again to get Ikari for cheaper than it was selling on ebay. He's willing to sell multiple copies as well.

The Bid history on the item I won:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=8224875489

stellasboneyard on that auction was offered the game as a second chance offer (he accepted it). So 6 or more people are probably getting copies of the game from that auction.

From what I gather and I am near sure of this now; Dont pay anymore than $50 bucks for either Motorodeo or Ikari Warriors cause they are now selling for $50 bucks. $50 is the best price you can get them for and $100 is getting ripped off. I don't care for either game but I can tell you this if I was completing a set I would not be paying more than $100 and thats not cause I'm cheap, thats cause it's all they are worth now.

but I don't know if I believe it..

Believe it, I just talked to George (aka. TunnelRunner / Stella's Boneyard), he got one. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out that there are indeed a lot of these, more than 50 for sure. :ponder:

955643[/snapback]

How many are we talking about? is the number more like 100 or 200 or some huge number?

I was able to get a few details from the person I was helping sell these. He said that some dealer in Argentina found a stash of Motorodeos and Ikari Warriors. I *think* he said about 100 total, but they weren't in even quantities (like 65 Ikari and 35 Motorodeos). He bought some of them and someone else snagged the rest (or possibly two other people). Even though these 100 have turned up, these games are still RARE. Especially Motorodeo since less of those were found. I also think some of the boxes were in cruddy shape, so there are even less copies in good condition. I'm going from memory here, so take off of this with a grain of salt...

I always thought this would happen. Even if Atari made only one run of NTSC copies of these games, more had to have been made than have turned up in the last 10 years. I assumed they were all waiting in a warehouse somewhere, but I never would have guessed South America...

Tempest