IGNORED

Check out this Ebay buyer yyzzyy

Trade-N-Games

Ebay bidder yyzzyy

I added him to my blocked bidder list

Funny thing tonight was he outbid me on every Topol777 auction and by the looks of things he bid right around $10 on most of the fairly comon stuff and he bid around $20 for the harder to find stuff.

Seems fishy almost like its a shill for topol or his buying account or what he does to piss other sellers off!

is this just me thinking this?

I would love to catch this seller red handed with Ebay!

Naaaaaa.... Not a shill bidder for TOPOL

I lost some stuff to this guy on some other auctions from other buyers in last week.

This guy has been around for a while it seems, he's in the US as well, but the Private Feedback shit is what bothers me.

I fixed his ass though.... When I figured out his last 4 sec programed bidding I went ahead and bid high, I knew he was going to take it.

I snipe LIVE every now and then on things I want for my collection, but these programed snipes you just can't compete with some times.

Who is he? or She? I guess many of us would like to know.

Edited by Road_runner

I fixed his ass though.... When I figured out his last 4 sec programed bidding I went ahead and bid high, I knew he was going to take it.

I snipe LIVE every now and then on things I want for my collection, but these programed snipes you just can't compete with some times.

Some of the topol auctions he sniped had double snipes hit of the same price & same sec. Like he's using more than one sniping service. A little strange, but 300+ positive feedbacks in the past month, he must be busy paying for all these.

Some of the topol auctions he sniped had double snipes hit of the same price & same sec. Like he's using more than one sniping service. A little strange, but 300+ positive feedbacks in the past month, he must be busy paying for all these.

955648[/snapback]

Yeah.. I could never figure out that double snipe thing.

I lost some stuff to "kingofthemarvs" like that some time ago and I was puzzled at a double snipe bid in the last secconds. "Like what was the deal with that?"

I had even thought of using one of those snipe programs before.

Certainly makes bidding convenient if you're going to be away from the computer.

But when I saw that you had to enter your ebay ID and pasword I passed.

I'l snipe the old fashioned way. If I'm home and I want it, I'll snipe it and see what happens.

Edited by Road_runner

On a side note, i'm starting to think sniping is a real waste of time for the really rare stuff. Its fine if your up against a newbie, but for the really rare stuff, it seems that stuff is selling for a heck of a lot more than it should due to sniping.

Let me explain. Say you have 3 hardcore collectors who are willing to pay $1k for a particular R10. But as they are going to snipe, they each decide they will bid much higher, say around $1,400 to $1,500 at the last minute to ensure they win the auction and they are each are banking on the next highest bidder bidding only $1k. What ends up happening is the highest bidder gets it for $1,500+, when each individual bidder really only wanted to pay only $1k for it.

If these collectors bid it up along the way, you'd probably find that 2 out of the 3 would drop out soon after it goes over $1k, leaving the winner getting it for a little over $1k.

Maybe i'm full of #@&% but its my interpretation of things ...

I had even thought of using one of those snipe programs before.

Certainly makes bidding convenient if you're going to be away from the computer.

But when I saw that you had to enter your ebay ID and pasword I passed.

I'l snipe the old fashioned way. If I'm home and I want it, I'll snipe it and see what happens.

955652[/snapback]

Get JBidWatcher (link)! It's free, runs on your computer (so no worries about someone else having access to your ID & password), multi-platform, and open source, so you can see for yourself that it doesn't do anything other than sign into the 'Bay using your info. All you need to do is be sure your computer is on at the time of your snipes. Most recent computers can do a "wake on RTC alarm" in the BIOS settings, so you wouldn't need to leave it on all the time if you don't want to - just tell it when to wake up, leaving enough time for it to fully boot, and put JBW in your "StartUp" files.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Let me explain.  Say you have 3 hardcore collectors who are willing to pay $1k for a particular R10.  But as they are going to snipe, they each decide they will bid much higher, say around $1,400 to $1,500 at the last minute to ensure they win the auction and they are each are banking on the next highest bidder bidding only $1k.  What ends up happening is the highest bidder gets it for $1,500+, when each individual bidder really only wanted to pay only $1k for it.

Why would they bid $1500 if they are only willing to pay $1000? But i think you are right that sniping doesn't work on high-rarity items. Sniping only works against newbies that don't put their max. bid in the proxy but come back to bid more as you outbid them. Also it keeps people from looking in your bid history to see which items you are bidding on...

I certainly wouldn't bid $1500 on something if I was only willing to spend $1000 .

If it was a $10 item, that I really only wanted to spend around $10, I might throw an $11-12 bid up, just so I'm well covered from people and their uneven snipes. I hate loosing out by .02 or .72 and even though my mind says $10, I'm willing to pay a little more just to win it. I do this on every snipe, so I'm always bidding odd numbers. Often times I just pick a snipe at random with very little thought process...

But when you are bidding hundreds of dollars over what you want & can afford to pay for something, I think you have a problem. :P

I ran into yyzzyy on Monday. I got into a bidding war with him on several auctions, and thought that I might be getting shilled. When I looked at his feedback and saw how much he was buying in a short time though I was amazed. I realized he's probably just a rich newbie trying to build a collection fast. By the amount of feedback he has gotten I'd think he's good for his money, but I just hope he owns everything he needs by now so that I don't run into him again. :P

i think you're right on all counts here. i've gone up against him as well, but now i'm going to take a break from ebay for awhile. it really seems as though the prices are getting ridiculous and it's not even that close to christmas yet.

I ran into yyzzyy on Monday. I got into a bidding war with him on several auctions, and thought that I might be getting shilled. When I looked at his feedback and saw how much he was buying in a short time though I was amazed. I realized he's probably just a rich newbie trying to build a collection fast. By the amount of feedback he has gotten I'd think he's good for his money, but I just hope he owns everything he needs by now so that I don't run into him again.  :P

955826[/snapback]

i think you're right on all counts here. i've gone up against him as well, but now i'm going to take a break from ebay for awhile. it really seems as though the prices are getting ridiculous and it's not even that close to christmas yet.

I ran into yyzzyy on Monday. I got into a bidding war with him on several auctions, and thought that I might be getting shilled. When I looked at his feedback and saw how much he was buying in a short time though I was amazed. I realized he's probably just a rich newbie trying to build a collection fast. By the amount of feedback he has gotten I'd think he's good for his money, but I just hope he owns everything he needs by now so that I don't run into him again.  :P

955826[/snapback]

955883[/snapback]

Prices have gone up a lot lately. I don't believe it is because of Christmas. There about 5-10 people that have been pushing up the prices. Most are new collectors with deep pockets.